! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Huawei Mate 40 Pro - Page 1/7

Subject: Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Replies: 47 Views: 6295
> »
polo_011 21.03.21 - 10:00am
Got it on Thursday for review and it has really been impressive, comes with a 6.76inch 90Hz refresh rate OLED Screen, 8GB RAM, 256GB storage with expansion available, powered by the Kirin9000 5nm chip which now has the 5G modem baked into the chip, a 4400mAh battery with 66W charger in the box, got a 50MP camera with a huge camera sensor backing it I think at this point Huawei own the Night Time photography scene due to the custom sensors Sony build for them. It also has a 5x Optical Zoom 12MP Periscope camera, 20MP ultra wide camera and a Laser Sensor. Overall pretty chuffed with it, AppGallery is growing quickly and so is Petal Search and then there is also the mod community who keep finding ways to get Google Services on these beasts, but I have not bothered with that as PetalSearch got me all that I wanted, and many apps like Whats App are downloadable straight from their developers websites.
* +

polo_011 21.03.21 - 10:03am
Charged it to 100 percent on Friday morning, it only hit 11 percent today (Sunday), plugged it into the 66W charger and 43mins later it was back to 100 percent, absolutely amazing grin.gif crazy where phones are going. I imagine in 2-3 years time these phones will be charging from 0 to 100 in under 30 minutes.

Really enjoying this device, it's nice and wide like a Galaxy Note, and not too narrow like what a lot of Androids are doing these days, so it sits nice in the hand. I feel like Huawei are beginning to hit their stride with their current situation, apps are becoming far less of a problem, I think now the big thing for them is to make the market realize that. Their lack of dependence on Google may pay off very well in a few years much like it has for Apple, owning your Software and Hardware is becoming crucial. * +

banbury 21.03.21 - 04:01pm
There are rumours circulating that it could be the last Huawei phone with a Kurin custom chip cos of the restrictions, and even possibly the final android phone from them. Apparantly owners of new Huawei devices without Google services maybe offered an upgrade to Huawei's own operating system in the future. * +

banbury 21.03.21 - 04:07pm
However Huawei have done an absolutely stellar job with petal search. * +

banbury 21.03.21 - 05:20pm
Also: I discovered the kurin 9000 has an even higher transistor count than Apples A14 and by quite a wide margin too. Although I realise that doesnt necessarily mean its faster I did nevertheless find that interesting. * +

3mel 21.03.21 - 05:44pm

@ polo_011 - 21.03.21 - 10:03am
Charged it to 100 percent on Friday morning, it only hit 11 percent today (Sunday), plugged it into the 66W charger and 43mins later it was back to 100 percent, absolutely amazing grin.gif crazy where phones are going. I imagine in 2-3 years time these phones will be charging from 0 to 100 in under 30 minutes.

Really enjoying this device, it's nice and wide like a Galaxy Note, and not too narrow like what a lot of Androids are doing these days, so it sits nice in the hand. I feel like Huawei are beginning to hit their stride with their current situation, apps are becoming far less of a problem, I think now the big thing for them is to make the market realize that. Their lack of dependence on Google may pay off very well in a few years much like it has for Apple, owning your Software and Hardware is becoming crucial.

google has deals where official, supported devices can't have other competing services. hopefully google loses it's anti trust cases in the states and Huawei can offer it's store to competitors like OnePlus and Poco. * +

banbury 21.03.21 - 07:49pm
Google say the Huawei ban is not good for them either cos preventing Huawei using its version of Android could potentially result in national security issues through people using Huawei developed replacement 0.S now revealed to be Harmony 0.S. Its also means American chip makers are loosing business of course. * +

banbury 21.03.21 - 07:56pm
Personally, I dont think it has anything to do with Huawei having connections with the chinese the military, I think the U.S just didnt like it because at one point Huawei sales had overtaken Apples and that just wouldnt do. They were just doing too well as far as the U.S were concerned. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search