! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Am I dumb or something? - Page 1/2

Subject: Am I dumb or something?
Replies: 13 Views: 2705
> »
banbury 14.03.21 - 02:29am
Galaxy S21 Ultra. How an earth are you expected to connect the device to your computers USB port like Samsung says you can when the supplied charging cable doesn't have the correct connections on either end to allow you to do so? My Galaxy S9 charger has USB C to plug into the phones charging port, but unlike the S21 the other end is a proper full size USB plug which will plug straight into your computers Port! so I have had to use the cable from that phone to connect my S21 to my PC. * +

banbury 14.03.21 - 02:32am
I have googled this yet got zero results am I missing the plot or something? Remember that new Samsung phones only ship with a charging cable there are no adapters or anything else in the box. yet Samsung still insists you can connect your S21 to your computer with the supplied cable I would love to know how * +

banbury 14.03.21 - 02:37am
Just as a comparison, although other new phones like the Huawei Mate 40 Pro also use USB C rather than the older micro USB, the end of the cable that plugs into the adaptor or charging brick allows you to connect the device straight to a computer because like the S9 it has the correct full size USB plug. * +

3mel 14.03.21 - 02:52am
so you've got type C male to type C male ?

I think this will become more common as laptops are starting to include type C female ports now. there are charging bricks too that take type C connections.
Samsung probably just copy pasted over half their last manual most likely.

check Amazon if you're not offended by having to clear up Sammy's mistake with your money. female type C to male type A preferably supporting USB OTG. * +

banbury 14.03.21 - 02:58am
Yes I have it looks like I will need a USB C to USB A cable to do it. I guess some of the new laptops have USB C but mine don't and my desktop PC certainly hasn't its about 3 years old * +

crail 14.03.21 - 02:58am
Soon you'll have about 5 type c cables lying around the house * +

banbury 14.03.21 - 03:00am
Yes I dunno why Samsung needed to change the plug on the charger end Huawei certainly hasn't but I guess they have their reasons for it probably just so you have to buy another cable from them. Surely there arent many desktop computers with USB C? laptops I can understand more. * +

banbury 14.03.21 - 03:05am
Anyway thanks for clearing that up 3mel iam happy that I have not gone insane after all lol * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search