! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

How big is too big for a smartphone? - Page 1/7

Subject: How big is too big for a smartphone?
Replies: 44 Views: 5291
> »
polo_011 20.12.20 - 10:07am
With boredom hanging over me in this lockdown, I was just having a look at my old Galaxy Note 4 and realized that my iPhone 11 Pro Max and Huawei P40 Pro are both slightly larger...well taller than the Note 4 while fitting much larger screens, and to think the Note 4 was my first true phablet and I thought it was the pinnacle and largest I would go, now I look at it and wonder how I lived with it with a small screen and huge bezels lol.gif

Looking at my phones now I think Samsung have hit the ceiling with the 6.9inch S20 Ultra and Note 20 Ultra, I think thats as large of a smartphone screen as I would be happy with, but the sweet spot seems to be 6.5-6.7inch. I am more comfortable with the iPhones slightly wide yet shorter screen versus the Androids with tall yet narrow screens.

What is your preference?
Ps. I have to say a part of me misses the good ol 16:9 screen aspect ratio. * +

crail 20.12.20 - 07:56pm
Samsung haven't got any wider since the note 4. I think a bit of extra width wouldn't go amiss * +

3mel 20.12.20 - 08:54pm
not sure a phone truly dedicated to two handed use would sell big. and they've gotta think about the Donalds of this world too. * +

crail 20.12.20 - 10:42pm
I've never used a phone one handed in my life. Just a couple of mm would be great * +

crail 20.12.20 - 10:43pm
I can't use my phone one handed, just tried. How do people do that? * +

3mel 20.12.20 - 11:23pm
spread you're fingers of your hand and lean the phone against them resting the bottom of the phone on your little finger.

then you type / touch / swipe with your thumb. not recommend for outdoors to be fair. * +

crail 20.12.20 - 11:42pm
Ah yes. It doesn't feel stable or precise at all like that. I do hold my phone in a very strange way. My right finger is on the top right corner, my left finger is on the power button and left thumb is going across the bottom, in an L shape. fu*k it I'll show you * +

crail 20.12.20 - 11:43pm
* +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum