! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Any AndroidTV box users out there ? - Page 1/1

Subject: Any AndroidTV box users out there ?
Replies: 7 Views: 2636

3mel 30.08.20 - 09:26pm
just bought myself a Yagala T95 box (which does go by other names from different suppliers).

for a quad core A53 SoC, it's not too bad. it comes pre-rooted out of the box but it doesn't have the nicest interface.

development for it is nonexistent so for now I'm stuck with it the way it is. hopefully a rom might get ported soon.

at the price it's a total bargain, quid.gif36... but it doesn't make my chromecast obsolete as I was hoping.

anyone else got anything similar or any TV apps you share ? * +

phil 30.08.20 - 11:36pm
what do u get on it mel? * +

3mel 31.08.20 - 03:18am
you get a modified version of Kodi called KDplayer, you get the normal playstore and the Aptoide store (which has a lot of apps for free).
there's a Netflix and an Amazon app which many say don't work for them, I've not bothered to try them.
you get a couple of screen mirroring apps which seem crap to me, I used my own instead or just send files to the box and watch them from there.

there are 2 USB ports and a memory card slot. if you look on Amazon, there's a deal to get it with a wireless mini keyboard and mouse pad for almost the same price I paid.

without a keyboard entering text by the remote is SLOW. * +

3mel 31.08.20 - 03:22am
every year boxes like this come out with the latest version of android on them, which means you'll never see any real updates from the makers. * +

phil 31.08.20 - 10:27am
good * +

tranie 4.11.20 - 10:05pm
I've got a Roku, only bought it so I could put in for a Roku developer account. I bought an app for it that I can play movies from my Nas drive. Had a Kodi for years, got bored with it. * +

3mel 5.11.20 - 12:51am
gave up on Kodi years ago too. when you got a repo people rated it'd still lots of dead links and then go down days later.

never had any decent experience with it. * +

3mel 10.12.20 - 03:18am
after about 3 months usage my conclusion is avoid buying cheap Chinese noname android products.
they're thrown together with the least possible thought, no optimisation for the hardware and any bugs will never be fixed.

I have a bug where for a day every 3 weeks it'll change how much of the TV screen it fills up. you can adjust it but it will happen again and again moments later. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search