! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Exynos VS Kirin 980 processor - Page 4/4

Subject: Exynos VS Kirin 980 processor
« <
polo_011 30.08.19 - 07:23pm

@ 3mel - 29.08.19 - 11:15pm
we're reaching the silicone limit for how much we can cram into them. not sure if there'll be smaller than 7 nanometers.

suck it @crail lol

We are going to get 5nm next year, Samsung, TSMC and Huawei are working on 5nm chips for next years devices. We will probably see the first 5nm chip in a phone around this time next year, after that we will get 3nm

Now from 5nm down is going to get very expensive and possibly slowdown in terms of progress, unless there is a major breakthrough. * +

crail 30.08.19 - 08:10pm
Do we really need that much more power, though? And ram. I've got 6GB of ram free at the minute. What the fu*k am I going to do with that? It's just a spec war * +

polo_011 30.08.19 - 09:31pm

@ crail - 30.08.19 - 08:10pm
Do we really need that much more power, though? And ram. I've got 6GB of ram free at the minute. What the fu*k am I going to do with that? It's just a spec war

Not really, but the smaller the chips get, the more efficient they get to, and thats what we need, they also heat up a lot less versus the old 45nm chips we had in the early days and take less far less battery despite doing more.

E.g. having a Smart**tch connected to your phone all day back in 2010 would probably obliterate your battery in a few hours, yet these days with these far more efficient and smaller chips the battery usage is negligible. * +

banbury 7.10.19 - 02:47am
Its about time the battery technology was changed lithium ion has been in use since the 1990s. infact one of the first phones to use it was the Nokia 6150 in 1998. mind you manufacturers will keep using it as long as they can get away with it cos old tech is cheap *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index