! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy S10 5G - Page 1/3

Subject: Galaxy S10 5G
Replies: 15 Views: 1439
> »
banbury 19.06.19 - 02:09pm
Just got this phone great bit of kit and good display rather than mind blowing. while a display may look better on paper I have found that doesnt always translate into real world. I decided to compare the S10 5G display with my S9 plus. Result? With power save off on both, both displays set to max brightness and same display mode I find the whites are whiter on the S9 plus and the colours have a bit more punch too! although you would probably only notice unless you had both devices next to each other * +

banbury 19.06.19 - 02:13pm
Has anybody else noticed this? I assume all the S10 series use the same display technology. although Iam not sure this is reason enough for me to keep my S9 plus opinions? Iam happy with the S10 display don't misunderstand me but I just now wish I hadnt made a comparison lol. although I should have realised there would be some variation because the S10 series use different display technology. Now if the S9 plus was only worth 100 pounds sterling used I would definitely keep it, but cos I could still sell it for over 300 pounds Iam obviously hesitating * +

banbury 19.06.19 - 02:20pm
I would be very interested to hear from anyone else who has just upgraded from either a S8 or S9 series device to an S10 series device. however I will admit that my eyes are exceptional close up so I tend to notice things that some people do not * +

banbury 19.06.19 - 02:59pm
PS: just so everyone is clear: this has nothing to do with pixels its related to colour reproduction Iam aware the larger screen means less pixels per square inch * +

crail 19.06.19 - 07:15pm
Does it really matter? * +

polo_011 19.06.19 - 07:49pm
I have often found that no AMOLEDs are ever truly the same, even between two of the same model, if they are separated by batch, there will be some discrepancy.

The difference between your S9 Plus and S10 5G though is probably due to finer Display tuning and calibration. Remember we are now in a era where people are worried about the amount of Blue Light hurting their eyes particularly at night when using their phones, so it makes sense that Samsung are probably making their devices by default to have a Warmer colour tone.

You can always play around with the Display settings to try get it as close to your S9 Plus as possible, but I think the Calibration overall is set to always be that bit more warm.

I wish Erica Griffin was more active on her Youtube channel, she often had a thorough explanation around the display setups, especially on Samsungs and iPhones.

By the way congratulations on the S10 5G, that is the S10 to have! party.gif * +

3mel 19.06.19 - 10:00pm
is it globally available now then, the S10 5G ? * +

banbury 20.06.19 - 02:17am
Warmer colours and blue light something I failed to consider yes that makes sense. Iam happy with the phone anyway thanks Polo _011 and no its not a biggy crail just an observation really. iam content * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search