! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Android Phone with physical keypad? - Page 1/1

Subject: Android Phone with physical keypad?
Replies: 6 Views: 613

aldebaren 12.02.19 - 09:38pm
I have a galaxy y pro with keypad but its not updatable from 2.3. Id like a similar candybar phone with physical keypad. Not the large ones like blackberry priv, passport etc. Do you know of any above Kitkat thanks? * +

3mel 12.02.19 - 11:26pm
it seems your mind is pretty set on a hardware keyboard but have you tried using a full touch screen phone ?
having physical no keyboard means you type much faster, also you get a choice of landscape or portrait as well as the keyboard app of your preference. best of all when you don't need it it's nolonger there taking up space.

physical keyboards was an early half measure to help people get more comfortable with touch phones, you'd be hard pressed to find any today that weren't Blackberrys * +

flash 14.02.19 - 04:23am
When touch phone induced I was wondering how would I cope with it but now I am good at it so try and after time you will master it * +

aldebaren 16.02.19 - 03:49am
I had a few touch phones. Hate them. Cant type. This one is hybrid touch and type which is fine. Also most touch phones are way too big. Like walking around with a tablet. * +

3mel 16.02.19 - 05:44am
[link]http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-qwerty-phones/[/link] * +

aldebaren 17.02.19 - 03:16am
Thanks. All too big. Bricks. Phones shouldnt be that big. Plus you cant type fast, in the rain or with one hand on touch. Total waste of time. No point having a small physical keypad at the bottom of a tablet sized phone. Ever heard of a laptop. Blackberry Classic is the best designed phone IMO it just isnt Android so the Apps wont work and has small processor. * +

3mel 17.02.19 - 04:07am
here's a picture of the keyboard that I use... I will point out that this app has gone downhill drastically compared to what it used to be and that I have use various extra apps and root features to suppress parts of this app because the devs filled it with ads and options to visit other apps. it's still a good example of what's possible for one handed use amongst others.

TOUCHPAL KEYBOARD in T12 format

Samsung used to include a similar option if I'm not mistaken, but with this one you type out on the keys to spell your word and get choices for all the common words that could be or you can then teach it a new word and put that into it's memory.

very fast one handed typing this way on a touchscreen. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search