! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Page 6/17

Subject: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
« <> »
banbury 6.12.18 - 07:14am
in the Uk Samsung phones have shipped with Exynos processors since the S6, but prior to that it was the reverse as iam sure you probably know. my old S5 has a Snapdragon 801 for instance. * +

banbury 6.12.18 - 07:39am
anyway to be perfectly honest, I will be more interested in a 5G handset from Huawei! perhaps a 5G version of the Mate 20 pro. * +

polo_011 6.12.18 - 08:29pm

@ banbury - 6.12.18 - 07:14am
in the Uk Samsung phones have shipped with Exynos processors since the S6, but prior to that it was the reverse as iam sure you probably know. my old S5 has a Snapdragon 801 for instance.

Yes, most EMEA markets like the UK had Exynos up until the Galaxy S3 LTE which had Snapdragon, Samsung had been working on their Shannon Modem and so Exynos didn't support 4G LTE up until the Exynos 5433 in the Note 4 (N910U), but that had limited release and most EMEA countries got the Snapdragon Note 4.

When the Galaxy S6 arrived with the Exynos 7420, Samsung was finally ready with their 4G LTE modem.

Samsung may go back to that rigmarole again lol.gif, S10 may come with Snapdragon 855 and X50 5G Modem.

There is still A LOT Samsung have to take into account also e.g. The Battery impact of the first 5G Modem.

The first 4G LTE phones were utter battery hogs, in actual fact Samsung saw that and decided to launch 4G LTE phones with huge batteries limited to S.Korea which was nationwide ready. They also did some special partnerships with ATT and Verizon in the USA, all these first 4G LTE Samsungs were Galaxy S2, BUT, Globally and particularly in EMEA, we only got 4G Samsungs with the S3 LTE over a year after the 4G LTE S2s had arrived.

So you may wait a little longer than you think. Even if the network is ready, the OEM may not be happy with the Battery Consumption of the Modem. Next year may be filled with excitement and a lot of disappointment me thinks lol.gif * +

banbury 7.12.18 - 12:05am
yes you could well be right. and who knows by the time a 5G phone comes out in the UK I may even have the cash to buy one sim free. by the end of this week I will have 500 english pounds sterling towards one, meaning I could be half way there already depending on what phone I go for of course. * +

polo_011 7.12.18 - 09:30am

@ banbury - 7.12.18 - 12:05am
yes you could well be right. and who knows by the time a 5G phone comes out in the UK I may even have the cash to buy one sim free. by the end of this week I will have 500 english pounds sterling towards one, meaning I could be half way there already depending on what phone I go for of course.

That is brilliant. Waiting definitely pays off.

The Note10, Mate 30 Pro, OnePlus 7T, Pixel 4 XL and LG V50 will all be worth a good look. * +

banbury 7.12.18 - 09:47pm
Its a great start yes, just kind of hard to believe that only a few years ago 550/600 would have got you a high end phone! * +

crail 20.02.19 - 08:14pm

@ polo_011 - 30.11.18 - 05:46am
Samsung's 2019 chip that was announced this month, the Exynos9820 does not support 5G mate, so give me my money. grin.gif

There is also a slim chance the new Snapdragon will support it, and if it does it will probably support some more advanced Asian networks.

5G will be rolled out much like 4G LTE was rolled out. There will be far too little coverage to even boast about 5G support next year for most Manufacturers. We will see Region specific models with 5G,but mainstream devices like Galaxy S10, Note10, iPhone, Huawei P30 and P30 Pro probably won't have 5G.

Qualcomm and Huawei will probably have their first 5G Modems out early to middle of next year for manufacturer's to start testing and implementing for late 2019/early 2020.

You owe me a tenner lol.gif s10 will have 5g * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-17
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum