! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

wifi - Page 1/2

Subject: wifi
Replies: 11 Views: 1155
> »
cheddar5 9.09.17 - 08:13pm
is there a way to turn on wifi on my phone and have it connect to my laptop for file transfers and remote mouse and keyboard app, but still use the 3g connection of the phone for internet on the phone? * +

3mel 9.09.17 - 10:28pm
I think so yes but you're probably talking about two apps. a PC remote and a mouse n' keyboard app

worst case actually could be 3 apps if you need some kind of server host for the file transfers. that's if the remote app doesn't cover it. * +

cheddar5 10.09.17 - 05:38am
the remote app works, and is very nice, pro lem is the phone must connect with wifi trough the router to the laptop for app to work, but if phone does that then it try to use wifi internet instead of 3g, but the router does not actually have internet connection * +

cheddar5 10.09.17 - 05:40am
so while i'm using the app i have no internet on my phone * +

3mel 10.09.17 - 10:55am
have you tried creating a hotspot on your phone and connecting the laptop to that ? that is sketchy though, both client and host always need to share the same network as you know. if you could connect your router to your hot-spot somehow... complicated

a firewall might help in denying everything but the remote app internet via Wi-Fi forcing them to use cellular.
I see your issue a little better and it's a tricky one. you rooted ? * +

3mel 10.09.17 - 11:26am
I don't know anything about networking, you could spend hours setting this up only to face the same central issue. I'd recommend signing up to a high level tech forum that would have people versed in android, windows and networks. maybe XDA forums or stackexchange and post this issue/quest there because you'll need people way smarter to help you. * +

cheddar5 10.09.17 - 01:59pm
thanks for help, my phone is rooted. its not he end of the world, will look for one of those mini cordless keyboard and touchpad combos when im in the city again and use it with the laptop, the android app seemd like a good idea at the time.... * +

3mel 10.09.17 - 03:48pm
so you using the laptop like a media hub controlled from your phone ? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum