! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy Note 8 - Page 5/11

Subject: Galaxy Note 8
« <> »
nokstern 21.09.17 - 02:13am
..congrats, polo..(I may go for mine today, I'm really through with sooo curved S7 Edge Duos edges - zillion times I was scrolling the screen with my right hand fingers, aaand stopping that action with my left hand, while squeezing the phone, holding it)..hey, how about those cameras, what's the pictures quality like, are you satisfied with it?..when done testing, put a few words here on how the phone works, are the display and S-Pen great and so on, ok?.. * +

3mel 21.09.17 - 01:47pm

@ nokstern - 21.09.17 - 02:13am
..congrats, polo..(I may go for mine today, I'm really through with sooo curved S7 Edge Duos edges - zillion times I was scrolling the screen with my right hand fingers, aaand stopping that action with my left hand, while squeezing the phone, holding it)..hey, how about those cameras, what's the pictures quality like, are you satisfied with it?..when done testing, put a few words here on how the phone works, are the display and S-Pen great and so on, ok?..

yeah, no pressure or anything but... YES do all of this..! hypnotise.gifhypnotise.gif * +

polo_011 21.09.17 - 10:02pm
The Display is great, I know exactly what you are going through with the S7 Edge, Nok nod.gif and I am happy to say the Note8 much like the Note7 has steeper edges, allowing the display to be a lot flatter, even compared to the S8 and S8Plus, the Note8 Edges are less obtrusive.

The Display itself is quite warm, but you can adjust that, I used to use AMOLED Cinema in my other Samsung's but Note8 requires Adaptive Display rather, and setting a Cooler tone. The Display is very bright, and the oleophobic coating is so thick that the display is super smooth to use, smoothest I've ever had actually, it's ridiculous lol.gif * +

polo_011 21.09.17 - 10:09pm
I am too scared to apply a screen protector as the display is so fun smooth I don't want to ruin the coating.

Samsung have optimised and Android7.1 heavily, the UI is smooth as ever, and thanks to the 6GB RAM I seem to never have apps closing or reloading. I even had Asphalt, CSR 2 AND Need For Speed running earlier today, 3 heavy games, and the Note8 just kept chunging along, I was busy setting them all up and was in a rush so decided to run all 3 at once lol.gif, this phone is a machine!

Due to the front and back curving , and the phone being more square, it's also easier to hold, in actual fact this is the first Curved display Samsung that can be easily used without a case if you are careful not to drop it, it is VERY easy to use without a case due it's shape. I am using a case though as I do tend to drop my phone's. I am using the case I got in the box which as cheap thin plastic 1 Samsung gave us, I am going to to shop for a proper case tomorrow. Hopefully they are not sold out. * +

polo_011 21.09.17 - 10:24pm
Camera is great, I have taken a few shots, I'll post some in the weekend, the Zoom is unreal, I love it, I do a lot of Car Spotting so I take pics of a lot of nice cars, so it's coming in very handy when I want to zoom a bit.

The Iris Scanner works very well and so does the fingerprint scanner, it's very fast, you just have to get used to reaching it and that just takes muscle memory, you get used it eventually.

The SPen is great to have back and does a great job of using Google Translate when you want to translate paragraphs and so on, I am very impressed, I also like Live Message, it's a gimmick but a fun gimmick as Facebook and WhatsApp support GIFs it's fun to send Live Message posts.

Charging the phone is super fast even with Fast Charge turned off, I usually turn it off as I don't like the heat it generates, I prefer to use Fast Charge only when I really need to otherwise I do normal and to give you an idea the Normal Charge on a Note8 feels just as fast as Fast Charging was on the Note4.

Battery Life is decent, the Note8 seems to handle heavy usage better than the S7 Edge, but the S7 Edge holds Stand By charge better, very weird, but either way I canake it through a day happily.

Audio quality with the in-bix AKG tuned headphones is good, nothing amazing, it's no LG V20 or V30 in this area. I am waiting for my Samsung Level U Flex Bluetooth headphones to arrive as they are part of the preorder package then I can see how BT audio is.

Overall I am very happy, this phone is gorgeous and has so much presence, it's a real Note device. I've been watching Narcos on it, the new 18.5:9 Aspect Ratio means you must set the video to Fill the Display, but when it does MY GOODNESS, it is the most immersive experience I have ever seen on a mobile device, this display is INCREDIBLE! drool.gif * +

crail 7.10.17 - 11:12pm
Heard so much sh*t about the note having a crap battery life. 4 hours on screen time, battery drains etc. How is the battery polo? Mrs might get one but if it's that bad then there's no point. I get 12 hours onscreen time/50 hours total with medium to heavy use on my s8+. Plus Wi-Fi connected 24/7. Estimated battery life at 100 percent, and sot please. Don't want to waste money * +

polo_011 8.10.17 - 04:39pm
Battery Life has been pretty good, typically get 5-7hours SOT with a full day. Haven't disabled anything, pretty much running the phone the way it was when I took it out the box. People who may be having bad battery life maybe those with the Snapdragon variant in the USA. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index