! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Yellow patch on the screen. - Page 1/1

Subject: Yellow patch on the screen.
Replies: 4 Views: 522

gr8guy78 4.07.17 - 06:38pm
Only had the phone about 6 weeks, new from Carphone Warehouse. A few weeks ago when we had the hot weather, I noticed a yellow patch on the left hand side of my screen. The hotter the phone gets, the more visible it is. From what I've read, it's something to do with the glue under the screen. My phone did get hotter than usual in that hot weather. If I press really hard on it, it will disappear, but come straight back when I stop pressing. Has anyone else had this problem? * +

gr8guy78 4.07.17 - 06:40pm
I can take it back, but that means having to have them send it off for repair, something I really can't be doing with. Carphone warehouse are terrible when it comes to returns and repairs, so It's looking like I'll have to live with it unless I can find a way to sort it myself. * +

3mel 4.07.17 - 06:59pm
it isn't something to be repaired just swapped * +

gr8guy78 4.07.17 - 07:07pm
They will only swap up to 28 days. After that, sent off for repair. It can be sent off for repair up to 4 times before they will give you a replacement, and that's a refurbished phone. * +

sisfreak2017 4.07.17 - 07:40pm
send it for repair but chances are the new one will develop the same problem..

AMOLED often get a similar thing but usual dark marks screen at night when the device sends a dark image to the screen such as using camera in unlit area's or @start-up like this Fkr the fix for that was send for replacement and hope you didn't get another with the manufacturer marks ,these are present @manufacturing and not something that just occurred like your discolouration you mentioned. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search