! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Help,Galaxy S3, GT19300 - Page 1/1

Subject: Help,Galaxy S3, GT19300
Replies: 4 Views: 536

knormoer 2.06.17 - 10:21am
my wifes phone is stuck on the logo menu. sister gave it to her few years back and it had cyanogenmod on it. probably will get a new one, but what can i do to this one to revive it ? i can access the boot menu (power, volume up, home key and the other menu with volume down where you flush etc. i have a vague idea of flash and zeus, but where to download firmware and what brand ? there a linux firmware for Galaxy S3 ? * +

3mel 2.06.17 - 12:02pm
it's called a bootloop, your rom is damaged and can't load.

you need ODIN not ZEUS and a decent thread on XDA which will have actual working links to almost every STOCK firmware ever released.

you only need worry about getting the right file for your model number and area you live in. you want a firmware who's modem is going to work on the frequencies used in the REGION you're in.

the latest file is usually the best as it's still gonna be Jellybean ish era. after you've done that you can think about getting a custom recovery and something newer.

[u][link]http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/guide-odin-flash-guide-t1671969[/link][/u] * +

knormoer 4.06.17 - 07:28am
Thanks!! :)) . That helps. * +

knormoer 5.06.17 - 09:01pm
Phone work now. Loaded it with a stock rom . Though... bootmenu is now different. 'Android System Recovery 3e' different menus . Can it be fixed ? or is that not a worry ? * +

3mel 5.06.17 - 10:03pm
by bootmenu do you mean on the power key or recovery mode ? either way both will be different from cyanogen.
if you use Odin to either flash CF-autoroot (to root) or TWRP custom recovery (which you can then use to flash superSU), you'll then be able to use root apps that can change whatever you want or even get yourself android N.
cyanogenmod is now lineage OS in case you fancy it.

if you wanna double check anything just ask, I check here most days. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search