! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

All kinds of permissions needed... - Page 1/3

Subject: All kinds of permissions needed...
Replies: 17 Views: 1716
> »
ungers 12.03.17 - 04:15pm
On my Android phone, i must give all kinds of permissions just to be able to use the camera.....what happened to the 'old' style android devices?....I think it's the government's way of tracking us, using smartphone technology...i guess i won't need a chip inserted into my arm after all........ * +

3mel 12.03.17 - 04:23pm
the permissions are badly phrased and cover a lot aspects with one misleading sentence.
app permissions aren't needed for the government to track (assuming there's a reason they'd want to).
* +

crail 12.03.17 - 08:10pm
Screen overlay and all that crap is a nightmare * +

ungers 13.03.17 - 05:18am
Why on earth does almost every app suddenly need full access to my data, phonebook, call records, even wants to use my mic and camera, be able to make calls and access to my storage and media. Something aint right, privacy invasion, with my permission??... * +

3mel 13.03.17 - 05:22am
depends on the app, some want data for adverts which they don't need, some need mic and camera because you can record videos.

name a couple of apps and you can get a few opinions on whether they're taking the piss. * +

ungers 13.03.17 - 05:24am
I should add, if i don't grant such permissions, the app won't work. So, aint it illegal to hijack a persons private life in that manner? Afterwards, all they will say is that you agreed. Do we need that sh..@?.... I mean cr*p being forced on us?... * +

ungers 13.03.17 - 05:33am
3rd party apps i can understand, but i'm talking about stock apps on my phone.....another question, a lot of people don't really like android, yet if you want a smartphone, why does it seem the governments are pushing towards android? Just my opinion..... * +

ungers 13.03.17 - 05:40am
Perhaps i should google 'The great Android conspiracy'........ * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum