! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

factory reset and updates - Page 1/1

Subject: factory reset and updates
Replies: 7 Views: 578

zackzero 2.09.16 - 03:09pm
Will a factory reset remove stock app updates? Not refering to the os as a whole but seperate apps that came preinstalled apps like gmail, chrome etc. Does the app versions revert to their original versions after resetting and hence need updating again? * +

john_163 2.09.16 - 06:19pm
yup all ur updated apps will revert back to version you got ur phone with, few apps will be gone wich came pre installd... if u do reset settings only settings will go, factory reset will wipe ur whole data stored in ur internal storage * +

3mel 2.09.16 - 06:42pm
if that's what you actually want to do, revert to versions of system apps that you started with, there are less painful ways of doing it... * +

zackzero 2.09.16 - 07:51pm
nah it's just that my internal memory is running low. new cheap as s phone and I haven't had the time to go deeper with rooting and all that. * +

3mel 2.09.16 - 10:12pm
your phone users partitions, deleting apps will give space in the data partition but you won't get any user accessible storage back from it. * +

mok214 10.09.16 - 06:08pm
A factory reset will not remove those apps because all those apps are in the factory reset. To get rid of those apps you will have to root your phone and install a custom Android OS. * +

3mel 10.09.16 - 07:18pm
he asked whether it would remove the UPDATES and it would, case closed * +

mok214 11.09.16 - 11:45pm
Oh, I misread that. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum