! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Battery Charging - Page 1/2

Subject: Battery Charging
Replies: 8 Views: 791
> »
phemzask 26.07.16 - 09:42am
All tips welcome for Lithium-Ion charging tips.

1 Don't leave your battery on the charger when it's full, i.e no overnight charging
2 Fast/quick/dash charge only when necessary,turn it off when you are not in a rush.
3 don't charge your battery to 100 percent if you can help it, high voltage stresses the cells.
4 don't wait until it's at 1 percent to charge it, between 10 and 30 is recommended, frequent charges are better than one long charge for the health. It seems like a charge cycle is not necessarily counted every time you charge.
5 Obviously use recommended chargers for your phone incl. car chargers and power-banks(read reviews before buying third party).
6 Don't use your phone constantly while charging it.
some of these is common sense, but mostly it's what I read from different articles. * +

3mel 26.07.16 - 02:04pm
[u][link]Android Authority ~ Should I Charge My Phone Overnight ?:http://youtu.be/_nbSBUBIKmA[/link][/u] * +

phemzask 27.07.16 - 09:39pm
Over night charging does not do damage itself but still if you can help it don't do it.
Like he mentions between 10 and 90 is a healthier practice which to me suggest overnight charge is a bad idea.
And if you're going to do it make sure the phone is properly ventilated at least. * +

3mel 27.07.16 - 10:34pm
I've got a couple a high capacity batteries that take a long time to charge. when I've fallen asleep and left them charging they've been diminished in terms of how long the top 20 percent lasts.

I will never intentionally charge over night again... * +

phemzask 28.07.16 - 09:27pm
Thumbs_up.gif I initially thought I'd hate my battery life because of there lower capacity on this phone compared to other flagships.
I don't even have to switch of the always on screen.

* +

3mel 28.07.16 - 11:12pm
what do you have ? * +

phemzask 29.07.16 - 03:15pm
G5.
* +

polo_011 31.07.16 - 06:26pm
I've been charging overnight for about a Decade now, since my 1st smartphone.
I agree with the rest. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index