! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

rooted 3 phone's with kingo - Page 2/2

Subject: rooted 3 phone's with kingo
« <
3mel 9.07.16 - 10:08pm

@ knormoer - 9.07.16 - 06:02pm
Kingroot failed to root my device. (Samsung A5 , 2016)
. Do i have other options ? I went with what sounded easy ...first

usually it's flashing chainfire's cf-autoroot with odin, or flashing your version of TWRP recovery (a recent one) and then flashing superSU via TWRP.

do a google search for ''root a5 xda forums'' and you should find something along the above lines... * +

knormoer 10.07.16 - 04:26pm
Thanks. Any idea what CF-Auto-Root my device are. ? Ugh.. will need to read up on it. Im new to Android. Last thing i hacked was my nokia E5 2 or 3 years back. My motivation to search it again is all these adds that come with apps. Was searching firewall first but seems some of them need to be rooted. Bla bla... * +

3mel 10.07.16 - 05:19pm

@ knormoer - 10.07.16 - 04:26pm
Thanks. Any idea what CF-Auto-Root my device are. ? Ugh.. will need to read up on it. Im new to Android. Last thing i hacked was my nokia E5 2 or 3 years back. My motivation to search it again is all these adds that come with apps. Was searching firewall first but seems some of them need to be rooted. Bla bla...

when you switch on your phone it'll display Samsung and the model number of your device. that's the best way to help yourself, particularly on a site like xda forums (this is where you want to go, everything that happens in android pretty much happens there).

if you google your model along with the words xda forums you'll find a whole forum just for your phone. anything you might want and that's specifically compatible with your device will be there.

* +

knormoer 10.07.16 - 09:54pm
Awesome. Thanks!!!!! * +

knormoer 13.07.16 - 05:06pm
Ok, i rooted an old phone with kingroot. I use it as modem but it freezes alot. If i use odin to flash it will it tether better ? Any1 else tether with their phones that has custom rom ? * +

3mel 13.07.16 - 06:33pm

@ knormoer - 13.07.16 - 05:06pm
Ok, i rooted an old phone with kingroot. I use it as modem but it freezes alot. If i use odin to flash it will it tether better ? Any1 else tether with their phones that has custom rom ?

I don't tether often, I'd try looking in playstore for a tethering app or work out what's causing the freezes. that's not so easy to do though. you could try limiting the number of background processes in developer options so that your phone isn't overwhelmed... *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index