! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Piracy - Page 1/3

Subject: Piracy
Replies: 15 Views: 1291
> »
tee4mac 13.02.16 - 09:48am
so apparently our android OS is filled with piracy according to app developers.monument valley app developer stated only 5 off the app installed were legitimate .today calendar pro developer said a
massive 85 of the installations havent been
paid for, and have been pirated. lol damn am scared they gonna leave our Android platform * +

3mel 13.02.16 - 11:21am
hmm those guys obviously have forgotten Symbian, before the last few years you'd struggle to find a way of paying if you wanted to.

I only have one pirated app which will earn the developer the same amount whenever I get around to buying it...

apps make enough money nowadays that they can get Arnold Schwarzenegger to advertise an app constantly on TV (seriously not a cheap thing to do) for a game I'd never even heard of. they won't be going anywhere... * +

tee4mac 13.02.16 - 01:25pm
(a quick search for Today Calendar Pro
apk will make it easy to find, theres not really
much that can be done about it) this guy is crying * +

3mel 13.02.16 - 01:48pm
if devs write code properly they can make an app that can't be used if it's not logged by them as being paid for.
old lonely cat games apps were impossible to crack or steal, devs should have learnt by now... * +

cr4zy0n3 13.02.16 - 02:03pm
It's not like they are losing money you know. If piracy on android became impossible those same pirates would never buy the apps anyway, i know i wouldnt. * +

mandain 13.02.16 - 03:23pm
Perhaps this is one reason why developers prefer iOS as a platform? I mean just about any paid app can be found with a Google search for the apk, not to mention dozens of android app stores online that hosts the latest games and apps * +

mandain 13.02.16 - 03:29pm

@ cr4zy0n3 - 13.02.16 - 02:03pm
It's not like they are losing money you know. If piracy on android became impossible those same pirates would never buy the apps anyway, i know i wouldnt.

So what are you trying to say, that piracy has no affect at all? And app developers are going to carry on putting apps and games out there when everyone thinks like you? * +

polo_011 13.02.16 - 10:29pm

@ 3mel - 13.02.16 - 11:21am
hmm those guys obviously have forgotten Symbian, before the last few years you'd struggle to find a way of paying if you wanted to.

I only have one pirated app which will earn the developer the same amount whenever I get around to buying it...

apps make enough money nowadays that they can get Arnold Schwarzenegger to advertise an app constantly on TV (seriously not a cheap thing to do) for a game I'd never even heard of. they won't be going anywhere...

May I just say it is pure madness! We get that same TV ad with Arnie down here in SA, and there was even Game Of War being advertised with a Victoria Secret Model and then by Mariah Carey singing an old hit of hers, these guys are advertising on every ad platform available... they clearly make a ton of cash.

I am not saying that Piracy doesn't matter just cause they make a load of money, but rather that it doesn't seem as rampant as we are made to believe.

I personally just buy apps and games now, trying to find cracked apks and downloading from shady places seems a waste of my time, then again I no longer Root either, my phone has become more of a work tool so I need it to run 100 ,no jumping through this and that and having to live with weird issues. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search