! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Piracy - Page 2/3

Subject: Piracy
« <> »
polo_011 13.02.16 - 10:31pm

@ mandain - 13.02.16 - 03:23pm
Perhaps this is one reason why developers prefer iOS as a platform? I mean just about any paid app can be found with a Google search for the apk, not to mention dozens of android app stores online that hosts the latest games and apps

If I'm not mistaken the JailBreak scene isn't all that innocent either WRT Piracy, I doubt any OS is, they all have a 'dark side' to them.

* +

mandain 14.02.16 - 02:22am
The jailbreak scene is still small cause it's inconsistent, you lose it every time after an update then don't know when the next one will arrive, where as side loading can be done on an android device out of the box * +

mandain 14.02.16 - 02:40am

@ 3mel - 13.02.16 - 11:21am
hmm those guys obviously have forgotten Symbian, before the last few years you'd struggle to find a way of paying if you wanted to.

I only have one pirated app which will earn the developer the same amount whenever I get around to buying it...

apps make enough money nowadays that they can get Arnold Schwarzenegger to advertise an app constantly on TV (seriously not a cheap thing to do) for a game I'd never even heard of. they won't be going anywhere...

That's only the select few games which make good money, I'm sure the vast majority numbering in the millions hardly make anything, some might make a wage maybe? * +

tee4mac 14.02.16 - 01:21pm
apparently china leads in numbers on pirated apps since in china Google play dont include paid apps * +

skat3rbooi 25.05.16 - 01:09pm
these guys do make money and alot of it.i think wen they make an app they do have paid and unpaid 1s wich are filled with ads. ads equals revenue.judging by the market share of android thats a lot of revenue . * +

flash 25.05.16 - 01:32pm
Third World country impossible to pay as master card and visa card is the problem * +

skat3rbooi 25.05.16 - 01:36pm
its been estimated clash of clans make around 2M a day .enuf to use celebs to advertise these game * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index