! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Charging problem - Page 1/6

Subject: Charging problem
Replies: 39 Views: 1640
> »
say.what 30.01.16 - 03:35pm
My HTC m8 won't seem to take a charge recently, first I thought it was charger so tried a different one, then I thought maybe it's inside the phone, the bit that I can't understand is that when I can get it to charge but after an all night charge it still is at 80 percent, I wish it would charge or not charge, I can't understand how it can be in between, it happened soon after marshmallow update * +

polo_011 30.01.16 - 04:35pm
Oh dear, that is super weird, did it happen right after updating or a few days later?

To me it sounds as if the battery is either done or an external force e.g. a drop may have caused the battery contacts to shift a bit. * +

3mel 30.01.16 - 04:42pm
Android is annoyingly shiity with battery levels. you've got two choices to help regulate it, either run it down till it turns itself off before it sees a charger again, or turn it off while the cable is not in it, charging it from there till it shows full. removing the cable again and booting it up before charging it again to full.
stop leaving it plugged in all night. lithium batteries are damaged by being fully charged for long periods and being fully discharged.

every time it's fully charged is called a cycle, batteries have around 500 cycles before they wear out. always unplug it when turning it off or on as well... * +

say.what 30.01.16 - 05:01pm
We've all had dodgy cables that can be wiggled for a bit and then it charges, this is different the battery meter looks like it's charging and the notification light illuminates but at the same time it's not charging.. It was a couple of days after the update * +

say.what 30.01.16 - 05:02pm
Even when the phone is off, it still shows as charging but it lies * +

3mel 30.01.16 - 06:57pm
run it down flat till it turns off, then charge it as normal. an update confuses a file that looks after records of battery performance...

it will sort itself out within a couple of cycles * +

say.what 30.01.16 - 07:16pm
It won't charge up as normal that is the problem, I've had to borrow a phone it's that bad * +

leon29 30.01.16 - 07:38pm
Have you got battery level display on, where it say like 62 per cent, not just the battery icon * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search