! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Best phone battery live - Page 5/5

Subject: Best phone battery live
« <
sharkies 5.03.16 - 03:09am

@ polo_011 - 3.03.16 - 06:05pm
Symbian phones didn't have the greatest battery life either. If you used a S60 Nokia as heavily as we use Androids, that S60 will require charging multiple times a day.

Mel is right, you can't compare. A modern smartphone has a constant internet connection, more of its services are cloud based and require a fast connection, location is always being checked, more apps and services in the background, Social Media apps frequently updating etc... A Nokia N95 for example with a puny 950mAh battery would not make half a day with all this.

One tends to forget the sheer amount of data the average modern smartphone goes through, a 250mb data bundle was fine for most people in the Symbian S60/Windows Mobile/Blackberry era, but in the Android/iOS era you need at least 1GB data. Take note, I'm talking average, most heavy users now NEED unlimited data.

I go through AT LEAST 15GB a month these days with my Note 4, if I had unlimited data I'd probably do 3x that much.

cool interesting reading. How do you go though 15gb a month? What do you do. Really interested to know * +

3mel 5.03.16 - 12:26pm

@ sharkies - 5.03.16 - 03:08am
seen one one day it had 3000mhz battery that.ll last a long while

[u]mhz[/u] is a measurement of speed
[u]mAh[/u] is a measurement of milli amps per hour and therefore of battery capacity * +

sharkies 5.03.16 - 04:04pm
i was tried when i wrote that smart a*se now i realise my mistake lol * +

polo_011 5.03.16 - 06:54pm

@ sharkies - 5.03.16 - 03:09am
cool interesting reading. How do you go though 15gb a month? What do you do. Really interested to know

Streaming new albums before I buy them on Apple Music, streaming series on Netflix, watching the comedy vids by KingBach, Wuz Good, Page Kennedy etc... on FB, snapping and viewing with Snapchat, browsing Instagram, watching reviews, tutorials and other truly random things on YouTube etc etc... It quickly adds up, especially if you do this via LTE and set the vids to play at 1080P. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index