! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Vodacom ZTE V10..... - Page 1/4

Subject: Vodacom ZTE V10.....
Replies: 25 Views: 2024
> »
ungers 25.11.15 - 03:15pm
Hi guys, i got a Vodacom branded ZTE V10 seven inch tablet, it is full of bloatware, i would like to flash a custom rom on it...there is no stock rom available, as far as i can see........problem, when i try to flash a rom, it gives error, signature verification failed....but it shows i got root......any ideas why?.... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 03:22pm
3mel, where are u?..... * +

3mel 25.11.15 - 06:33pm
what are you flashing a zip or tar file and how are flashing it ? zips need a custom recovery to work. if you have everything right it sounds like you could have the wrong zip file for the device, or it doesn't have an md5 checksum while your recovery is set to look for one... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 06:48pm
Thanx, 3mel, i'm flashing zip files.......i've loaded custom recovery on my sd, but it does not show in flash menu on device.......i will give it another go, and let u know........thanx for pointing me in the right direction, i think it's the checksum....... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 06:51pm
i forgot.....i'm flashing directly from the sd........should i use odin?..... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 06:52pm
im kinda new at flashing custom roms.....will spend some time on xda, just to get up to speed....... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 06:57pm
just googled.....odin flashes tar.......think i will stick with zip until i get more familiar with flashing.......... * +

3mel 25.11.15 - 07:13pm
did the place where you found the recovery have instructions for it ? see there are some recoveries that you flash via the standard recovery and are temporary and then others that can only be flashed via an updater app like FLASHIFY or via PC apps like fastboot or Odin.

you must only ever use apps and files as instructed in the threads where you found them. it's not all the same across the board, Odin is for Samsung devices for example. you shouldn't be thinking of using it.

check about this recovery where you found it, if it's meant for that device than flash it with flashify. find it in playstore... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search