! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

System on a Chip (SoC) Showdown ~Android Authority - Page 1/2

Subject: System on a Chip (SoC) Showdown ~Android Authority
Replies: 12 Views: 1241
> »
3mel 6.11.15 - 03:43pm
in this video Gary from AA puts 4 64bit Octocore SoC's up against each other with various benchmarks and real world tests to see which comes out best. also included for perspective is one quadcore 32bit chipset, and some explanation of a few terms only polo understands to date...

[u][link]http://youtu.be/5JkTZrVWEQE[/link][/u]

the included chipsets are:

Snapdragon 810
Exynos 7420
Helio X10
Kirin 935

and the 32bit Snapdragon 801... enjoy * +

3mel 6.11.15 - 03:46pm
if money isn't a problem for you and want to know what phones to look at, this might be of some help for your next upgrade... * +

polo_011 6.11.15 - 08:56pm
Thanks a lot Mel, very informative!

I do wish the reviewer had used a Snapdragon 805 with either a Nexus 6 or Note 4, but that 801 really did a great job.

The whole thing pretty much confirms what I've said WRT the Snapdragon810 and Exynos7420. What gets me is that the Exynos is not even at full capacity yet still owns everything.

Looking forward to a similar review when Snapdragon820, Exynos8890 and Kirin950 based phones arrive. daydream.gif * +

3mel 6.11.15 - 09:46pm
not that I can afford it, but I'm tempted to go check the original development threads on xda to see if there are any OC kernels for the s6 variants and the note5. imagine the antutu scores it could pull down then... * +

polo_011 7.11.15 - 03:32pm
The problem with Samsung Exynos is that Samsung do not release the complete documentation on the SoC, so devs work on limited resources. I know a guy at MacRumors managed to do some tweaks on his Note5 and got some incredible Geekbench scores, will try find his posts again.

Its def worth checking OG Dev section, but don't expect a whole lot vs. Snapdragon based phones.

I wish I knew how to code, lol, I'd love to know what Samsung is doing exactly. * +

3mel 7.11.15 - 03:40pm
yeah very spartan in there tumbleweed.gif * +

polo_011 9.11.15 - 06:37pm
Lol, yeah, that is the letdown with Exynos, devs have a hard time tweaking it, so very little WRT custom ROMs. I wonder if Xposed development is going for the newer Samsungs, that always had great CPU and GPU tweaks for Samsungs. I remember the days of the GS2 and GS3 we had that Chainfire GPU Overclocking tool, * +

3mel 9.11.15 - 07:01pm
they've released kernel sources but it's not enough I read... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum