! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

rooted!! so whats next - Page 1/2

Subject: rooted!! so whats next
Replies: 11 Views: 853
> »
mac4tee 30.07.15 - 06:23pm
i just rooted my device with kingroot so whats the next step do i install something or do proceed as it is * +

abott 31.07.15 - 04:58am
Usually when people root it's to install apps that they use that need root access or coz they want to experiment with other ROMs, kernels,etc. Be warned though that rooting isn't for everyone, if you have no need for it then don't do it as you can brick your phone when messing about. * +

3mel 31.07.15 - 09:45am
agreed the reason for rooting usually comes first, but since you're here now. titanium backup is an essential app for backing up all your settings and user apps. a custom recovery flasher is also very useful if you've not got a custom recovery already... YOU WANT ONE OF THOSE TRUST ME ! * +

pryerlee 31.07.15 - 02:38pm
yep what @3mel said install a custom recovery then do a nandroid backup before you start messing about with anything, that way if anything goes wrong and you get a bootloop you can just boot into custom recovery and flash the backup file. * +

pryerlee 31.07.15 - 02:56pm
after that I'd delete all the s**tty apps that come pre-installed that you won't be using, to do that install ''ES File Manager'' goto options in the app and enable root so know you can access the system files which are in /root/system/app and delete the apps you won't be using. * +

pryerlee 31.07.15 - 03:04pm
actually if your still on a stock rom best thing to do first is flash a custom recovery, then do a backup, then flash a custom rom, look on the xda forums for custom roms for your phone. * +

john_163 31.07.15 - 04:04pm
an if u wana fk up ur fone..trust me lol * +

leon29 31.07.15 - 06:44pm
From what I have seen you can never truly delete pre-installed apps, they are always lucking in the phone memory some where * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search