! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

does anyone know how to make the youtube app... - Page 1/4

Subject: does anyone know how to make the youtube app...
Replies: 24 Views: 1683
> »
3mel 27.06.15 - 06:26pm
the default app for opening youtube links ? it used to be the case round the time of jellybean that all videos from youtube would open the youtube app, but that was back when I was using opera mobile a.k.a opera classic.

now that I've made the switch to opera for Android v30 I miss this feature as youtube video playback is total s**t. the videos show bright green and pink hues only and are unwatchable.
all knowledgeable help welcome. waits for garion * +

manchesr 27.06.15 - 07:49pm
Ii had the app on the phone when i bought it. .... * +

mandain 28.06.15 - 12:24am
Isn't it in settings where you choose all your default programs for music video PDFs etc? * +

3mel 28.06.15 - 01:33am
not quite, usually when selecting a file or service Android will give you a list of applicable apps to open it with. at that stage you can choose whether to select something this time only or for always.
but from inside the browser I use you don't get that because it's capable of playing videos (supposedly). it's fine with everything except youtube videos which are mostly unwatchable... * +

polo_011 28.06.15 - 09:09am
So if you go to Settings -Default Applications -and then clear Opera, does that not help when you try open a YouTube open a YouTube link * +

garion 28.06.15 - 11:38am

@ polo_011 - 28.06.15 - 09:09am
So if you go to Settings -Default Applications -and then clear Opera, does that not help when you try open a YouTube open a YouTube link

That's the only way I'm afraid, the default browser will always open the YouTube app, and yeah I know, Opera is the better browser and that means you're going to have to select it 'just once' everytime which is a royal pain in the backside. * +

3mel 28.06.15 - 11:44am
you're not given the option to select anything in opera when clicking a youtube link, there's never been any dialogue even on previous versions that did open the youtube app. clearing opera's defaults will just clear it from being the system default browser. * +

garion 28.06.15 - 11:46am
btw - on a related point, since there's no internal way to clear the cache in the latest builds of Opera, check it out in your application manager sometimes, as it can get quite large - I cleared mine the other day and it was 126mb wow.gif * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search