! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Keep internet connection on - Page 2/2

Subject: Keep internet connection on
« <
mok214 29.05.15 - 02:57am

@ 3mel - 28.05.15 - 05:40am
that controls how quickly the screen goes off after a period of inactivity and has nothing to do with the pw's question...

Nope, sleep mode is sleep mode. A phone is no different than a desktop PC when it comes to functions like that. Though it does have something better than Wake On Lan, WOL. Lol.gif * +

timomatic 29.05.15 - 04:14am
My internet dose'nt stop working i'm on about if there's a app to keep internet runing in background just in case it disconnect's * +

3mel 29.05.15 - 04:24am

@ mok214 - 29.05.15 - 02:57am
Nope, sleep mode is sleep mode. A phone is no different than a desktop PC when it comes to functions like that. Though it does have something better than Wake On Lan, WOL. Lol.gif

that'll be why you're seeing it listed under the display settings then ??

there is no equivalent to a PC sleep mode on Android as tasks and processes can still be running such downloads regardless of whether the phone is asleep or awake. try it for yourself... * +

3mel 29.05.15 - 04:30am

@ timomatic - 29.05.15 - 04:14am
My internet dose'nt stop working i'm on about if there's a app to keep internet runing in background just in case it disconnect's

if your network connection is sketchy there's nothing an app can do to reconnect it faster. the best that you can hope for is apps that would let you set a massive timeout period before they call downloads failed. or failing that a browser that supports pause and resume.
most apps wouldn't have a problem carrying on where they left off once a connection was back. * +

abott 29.05.15 - 06:48am
Maybe the phone in question is second hand? If so, maybe the previous owner had an app that disconnects data after screen lock. Had that option, if I remember correctly, on my Note 1. * +

pryerlee 2.06.15 - 11:47am
if your network connection is sketchy you could try flashing a different baseband for your area but you need root to be able to do that, but if you have root look on XDA development forums for info. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index