! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Huawei Mate7 - Page 1/3

Subject: Huawei Mate7
Replies: 17 Views: 2140
> »
abott 19.03.15 - 07:54pm
I've started looking around for a phone as im upgraing in May and am thinking of getting this Mate7. Anyone here who's used it or know someone who has? The reviews point to a solid phone but I trust you lot more than I do the rest of the internetlol * +

polo_011 19.03.15 - 08:14pm
That last sentence lol.gif, just wow!

I know someone who owned it, the only reason he got rid of it was due to being a WP fan, but he said the Mate 7 was a solid phone especially for the price.

I personally believe Huawei are the next Samsung, they will dominate Android at some point, they are even making their own CPUs (Mate 7 uses one of them) and also make a lot of network equipment, one of the most vertically integrated Android OEMs, so I am not surprised the Mate 7 is such a solid product, BUT they are not great at updates, just beware of that. * +

3mel 19.03.15 - 08:40pm
not that you are necessarily interested in this aspect of things, but community support won't be that great either. the longer you own a device though the more useful that can become to you.
even the galaxy s has lollipop because it has community support long after Samsung has forgotten it... * +

leon29 19.03.15 - 09:55pm
Don't get it!! I had a huawei and its like having a under powered iPhone * +

abott 20.03.15 - 04:30am
@polo thanks, Ive been reading up on them a bit and I'm impressed so far. @3mel I am a bit worried about that but as long as I can get root and a decent rom, I'll be ok. Leon which model did yyou have? Coz the mate7 seems more than powerful enough. I had the Note 3 or Note 4 in mind but the 4 is rather pricey for me at the moment as I won't spend more than ZAR400pm for phone contract. And if I can get the 32gb version I can use the 2nd slot for my Axxess data sim. * +

leon29 20.03.15 - 12:20pm
All the apps are on the home screen there is no app draw, that was the worse part about them * +

abott 20.03.15 - 03:34pm
Surely there's ways around that, like an alternative launcher? * +

leon29 20.03.15 - 07:11pm

@ abott - 20.03.15 - 03:34pm
Surely there's ways around that, like an alternative launcher?

Launcher will work but its just annoying that you have to use one * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index