! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Lollipop for SGS5 - Page 1/4

Subject: Lollipop for SGS5
Replies: 23 Views: 2430
> »
banbury 26.02.15 - 09:17pm
I deliberately held back from updating to lollipop cos there are always problems with new firmware. however my Galaxy S5 updated itself automatically yesterday despite the fact I never even touched it. and now BBC iplayer has stopped working, and Google results show others with the same problem. iam also getting software freezes. this is exactly why I didnt want to update in the first place. I shall be contacting Samsung on monday. I had zero problems on kitkat, just want to make other Uk owners aware of this. and no I didnt schedule the updates for a preset time. * +

3mel 26.02.15 - 10:53pm
isn't the default setting update via Wi-Fi ? * +

kazannts 27.02.15 - 01:44am
Yep and it can be turned off. * +

banbury 27.02.15 - 04:04am
well google results show you can rollback which is what I maybe doing cos iplayer in particular is important to me. but I will still phone samsung cos I dont want the same thing to happen on my Note 4. I need to know how to prevent the update from happening. the update had already downloaded but I just kept cancelling it so it wouldnt install. I left the phone unattended for an hour and when I went to pick it up android was upgrading and I couldnt stop it obviously. * +

nokstern 27.02.15 - 02:44pm
..'the update had already downloaded'..this is what happened with S5 (and now you're afraid of a situation not to be repeated with your Note4),right?..is Note 4 'clean' of updated Lollipop?..or it's aggressively attacking you to update?..anyway,similar already happened to me with my previously Note 3..cont * +

nokstern 27.02.15 - 02:55pm
..if your Note 4 is still on Kitkat and haven't downloaded new updates,go to Settings and About device/Software updates and UNCHECK 'Auto update' and 'Wi-Fi only' check boxes..now you'll be the man,lol,and in charge to update only when YOU want,using 'Update now' option there..cont * +

oetinger 27.02.15 - 03:02pm
British people. I worked for CPW. You guys always make your problems the company's problem. Let me tell you. It didn't update automatically because it felt like. It updated because you haven't turned it completely off. It's not Samsung's problem. Is yours. * +

nokstern 27.02.15 - 03:09pm
..if the phone already downloaded the new update and now wants to install it,first postpone installing process THEN swipe down notifications bar,then long press the lollipop updates notification (forgot what's the name of that app doing this sw updates,Samsung Updater?..App updates manager?..never mind,lol)..when long press,you should get a pop up 'App info'..click it,cont * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search