! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

MTN Lte - Page 1/1

Subject: MTN Lte
Replies: 3 Views: 584

zia_4bdn 20.02.15 - 06:15pm
Need help with mtn lte , is there a specific apn setting for mtn lte network. Im using a samsung galaxy s5 with an mtn lte sim card. Live in an area which has full lte coverage. My phone does not display the 4g or lte icon., when selected lte mode only i have no network coverage at all. Can someone please help, thanks in advance. *

nosfratu 23.02.15 - 08:33pm
Step 1
Ensure your device has LTE capability and supports the 1800 MHz spectrum band necessary for LTE. To determine this, consult your devices user manual or contact the manufacturer.

Step 2
Ensure you have the correct SIM card (128K) to support LTE. Fortunately, MTN has made it easy for customers to know whether they have the right SIM card: simply look if your SIM card has 3G or LTE written on it. If you need to get a new SIM card, simply visit your nearest MTN store and request a SIM swap.

Step 3
Ensure you have the LTE Software update. Contact your device manufacturer to ensure you have the latest version of LTE Software loaded to your device.

Step 4
Subscribe to the MTN LTE access service. Dont worry, you will not be charged for this at all. The LTE service can be loaded onto any Contract or TopUp Voice or Data package as an add-on service for both new and existing customers. To get LTE VAS services simply visit your nearest MTN store or dial 808 from your MTN cellphone. This service is not yet available to PayAsYouGo subscribers.

Step 5
Ensure that you are in an area with strong LTE coverage. *

nosfratu 23.02.15 - 08:45pm
Not so sure about prepaid as their blog entry kinda contradict itself they make mention of getting a pay as you go simswop for prepaid users but in the5 steps listed (above) just under them stating the prepaid simswap they say its not available for prepaid yet. Also mind you their last blog entry was somewhere in January 2013 as to regards with LTE and that's on the mtn website... When I'm back at work and I happen to see our MTN REP I will ask him about LTE. *

polo_011 24.02.15 - 03:45pm
Go to your nearest MTN and ask them to activate LTE on your sim. When I got my Note 4 I had to go back to Vodashop so they could activate LTE for me. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search