! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

lollipop update for note 2 - Page 5/5

Subject: lollipop update for note 2
« <
leon29 26.02.15 - 06:08pm

@ polo_011 - 25.02.15 - 11:19pm
Doubt it will be that buggy. My problem with Lollipop is what Google did with Silent Mode and the Notifications, I have actually just flashed back to 4.4.4 on my Note 4, I was so annoyed with the new setup today, Google 'fixed' something that didn't need any fixing, never thought I could be so annoyed with an update until these last two days, it feels so good to be back on KK, going to wait for 5.0.2 or 5.1, which ever comes.

What's the point?? 5.0.1 and 5.1 are just bug fixes so your still have the same problems * +

polo_011 26.02.15 - 06:22pm

@ leon29 - 26.02.15 - 06:08pm
What's the point?? 5.0.1 and 5.1 are just bug fixes so your still have the same problems

Samsung have apparently recently applied a fix in the GS5 for the Silent mode issue, so the Note should get it soon enough. * +

leon29 27.02.15 - 03:56pm
I don't get the problem with the silent thing, I just hold down the volume button then its on silent * +

leon29 27.02.15 - 03:57pm
Then turn vibrate off in settings * +

leon29 27.02.15 - 08:02pm
I love that you can say to google now turn on WiFi and it does it, or turn off Bluetooth etc * +

polo_011 28.02.15 - 09:03am
Thats possible with S Voice on KitKat. WRT Silent in 5.0 is why should I then have to go into Settings and turn vibrate off? In KitKat you simply flip to Silent and its all done, 5.0 is a stepback in that regard. The 5.0 notifications also don't play nice with WhatsApp Group Chat, I have multiple group chats one with family, two with close friends and old friends and another with work colleagues, and at any given time they are active, and even though I turned Vibrate for Groups off in WhatsApp, the 5.0 Notifications setup makes the phone vibrate, you can just imagine how annoying that is while at work, in a meeting or while driving, at the same time I want the phone to vibrate when I get a call or a WhatsApp from a single contact, this all works perfectly in KitKat, but on 5.0 there's a clash. They should have just left Silent there, it worked exactly the way I wanted, they broke something that didn't need any fixing whatsoever. * +

polo_011 3.03.15 - 06:55pm
Back on Lollipop after finding out and trying the SilentMode app, I'm quite happy now as the rest of the update is fantastic, one thing I realised when I went back to KitKat is how much more smooth and snappy the Note 4 is on Lollipop, even the finger print scanner is way faster, so finally thoroughly enjoying 5.0.1 on it. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index