! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

BBC iplayer - Page 1/4

Subject: BBC iplayer
Replies: 22 Views: 3386
> »
banbury 7.02.15 - 01:29am
Does anyone know the minimum requirements? Surprisingly iam having trouble finding out this info. The original galaxy ace for instance is compatible with iplayer but in order to run iplayer you also need BBC media player which it isn't compatible with! Therefore iplayer is useless on that phone. Iam only asking cos a mate of mine wants to buy an archos tablet that's running ice cream sandwich. And iplayer is important to him. The BBC website states requirements for their media player but oddly not for iplayer. * +

3mel 7.02.15 - 05:54am
it's compatible with ICS, if he can't download the media player legitimately I'm sure the apk is out there somewhere. maybe it'll work on ICS without the player as I'm sure it used to anyway... * +

timomatic 7.02.15 - 08:41am
I downloaded both but when I play a show it says this content dose not seem to be working pls try again later it says that to all the shows y dont this work is it not for australia * +

3mel 7.02.15 - 10:14am
no it's not for anyone outside of the UK as the BBC is funded by a license fee UK ppl pay for it.
that said many foreign users use a UK based proxy port or UK routed VPN. you could try that... * +

timomatic 7.02.15 - 04:42pm
Thanks very much its working with vpn connect :) * +

timomatic 7.02.15 - 09:48pm
My vpn app no good is there other one * +

3mel 8.02.15 - 12:43am
there's loads... * +

banbury 8.02.15 - 03:11am
yeah simular stuff for U.S sites too. Hes paying 40 quid for the tablet 3mel but ive told him he would only need to spend another 20 quid to get something with a newer android version currys have a gigaset tablet on offer made by siemens for 60 quid with kitkat and its even quad core with 1gb ram. the archos is only single core with 512mb ram. many other examples too but hes got his heart set on the archos. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search