! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Jumped the fence - Page 1/7

Subject: Jumped the fence
Replies: 44 Views: 3132
> »
phly_kid 9.12.14 - 03:25pm
So, I finally made the move to android. didnt get the z3 compact as i had expected but went way way back into the past and just got a good ol s3. Learning alot.Having issues transitioning from BB though in terms of apps. I can't seem to find similar apps to the kind of apps i was using before. One such app is social feeds which aggregates your bbm feeds, twitter feeds, facebook as well as custom rss feeds. any such app on android? someone suggested sony social life but it says its incompatible. * +

3mel 9.12.14 - 04:20pm
type social feeds into the search at playstore, read the reviews as there's a few options * +

polo_011 9.12.14 - 04:31pm
Congrats! Please oh please tell me you got a S3 LTE and not the 1GB RAM original S3! * +

phly_kid 9.12.14 - 04:45pm
sorry to dissapoint you polo_011 but its the plain vanilla nothing kickass about it s3. version on it is still 4.0.4. I wont hang on to it forever though but i reckon its not a bad jump from BB ship. First time handling an android so not too shabby. I could have landed on alcatel one touch pixi backyard. I did read that there is a kit kat custom rom for original s3 19300. As for the social feeds, i didnt spot anything that seemed to have it all hence my asking. * +

garion 9.12.14 - 05:33pm
It should be noted that I don't really do social networking, but with that caveat in mind, it might be worth having a look at [link]Sparksfly:http://goo.gl/7cNdhJ[/link] * +

phly_kid 9.12.14 - 06:36pm
I don't do social exactly. but twitter and feeds for podcasts is important and rather one app that does both well than countless different apps. Although since i'm still getting my feet wet i'm open to ideas and suggestions. * +

polo_011 9.12.14 - 06:57pm

@ phly_kid - 9.12.14 - 04:45pm
sorry to dissapoint you polo_011 but its the plain vanilla nothing kickass about it s3. version on it is still 4.0.4. I wont hang on to it forever though but i reckon its not a bad jump from BB ship. First time handling an android so not too shabby. I could have landed on alcatel one touch pixi backyard. I did read that there is a kit kat custom rom for original s3 19300. As for the social feeds, i didnt spot anything that seemed to have it all hence my asking.

Stick to 4.0.4 or find a 4.1.2 Official Samsung ROM, the S3 ran best on it and gave great battery life. I found that in 4.3 it ate a lot of its RAM.

Welcome to Android! thumbs_up.gif * +

phly_kid 9.12.14 - 07:11pm
Thank you. Heard another user complain also about 4.3 and slow downs or lag in some parts of the phone. Oh well, i will milk it for all its worth then when i run out of challenges i sell this phone and move on higher. still have my eyes on the compact. As far as browsers, multimedia players, better to stick to the preinstalled ones or are there some out there that one should look at. i know on bb uc browser was the best. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search