! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Got my Note 4! - Page 20/20

Subject: Got my Note 4!
« <
banbury 30.10.16 - 04:41am

@ crail - 19.10.16 - 10:49pm
I mean Nokia got it completely wrong, not that they made an over powerful device

They certainly never made an over powered smartphone thats for sure. They were well known for putting slow CPUs in their smartphones lol * +

banbury 30.10.16 - 04:43am
Mind you I dont think most people really cared about what processor was in their phone in those days as long as the device did everything they wanted reasonably well. I only ever heard people discuss features in my area rather than what kind of horsepower their Nokia had. I dont think the CPU craze as I like to call it began with mobile devices untill the first Android devices appeared. * +

polo_011 30.10.16 - 09:29am

@ banbury - 30.10.16 - 04:41am
They certainly never made an over powered smartphone thats for sure. They were well known for putting slow CPUs in their smartphones lol

They did make over powered smartphones, 6 of them, it all began with the monstrosity that was the Nokia N93, they took a huge leap by fitting a Texas Instruments OMAP2420 CPU in there that was accompanied by a separate GPU by Imagination Technologies GPU, a PowerVR MBX unit, this was mainly done to push their whole 'Multimedia Computer' narrative at the time, as the N93 became the 1st phone capable of 'DVD Quality' video, it shot VGA @30FPS, that was a 1st in the industry and it was thanks to the incredibly powerful CPU and GPU combo they put in. They went on to fit the same combo in the N93i, N95, N95 8GB, N82 and E90, all these phones became the most capable multimedia smartphones around for a good 2-3years thanks to the CPU/GPU combo they had, unfortunately Nokia never allowed Symbian S60 to take full advantage of what was the most powerful GPU found in a mobile device, Apple got the same GPU in the iPhone 1st Gen and put that GPU to good use for the UI, and well, the rest is history. After those 6 phones, Nokia never again used Texas Instruments and the PowerVR MBX GPU in their Symbians, they shifted to a cheaper, much higher clocked Freescale CPU that had a much weaker GPU, and used it up until the N97, where the CPU was so stretched to its limits the N97 was barely stable. Nokia did make 1 more over powered phone, the Nokia N900 based on their Linux OS, Maemo, once again a Texas Instruments OMAP CPU was used with PowerVR MBX GPU. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index