! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Got my Note 4! - Page 19/20

Subject: Got my Note 4!
« <> »
alvar89 19.10.16 - 09:53pm
Yes they need to spec up more! Take advantage of the extra ram 6gb on those 64bit chips not just 3 or 4 still in the limits of 32bit ram usage. I found it out the hard way in how fast you can fill up 32gb on a powerful phone like my s6 lol. * +

crail 19.10.16 - 10:39pm
Trick is with tech companies, they can't get ahead of the market. Nokia got this wrong. Quite clearly they could put massive amounts of memory and ram into their phones right now, but they have to leave some leeway for the next model. Don't put all your eggs in one basket type of thing. This is why they didn't make the note 7 so SPECtacular. Glad the note 7 was sacked because it was an s7 with a stylus. Bring on the note 8! * +

crail 19.10.16 - 10:49pm
I mean Nokia got it completely wrong, not that they made an over powerful device * +

3mel 19.10.16 - 10:56pm
if they throw the absolute best on offer into a phone there's no guarantee they'll be able to surpass in time for the next model. that said, for money they want it would be nice. * +

crail 19.10.16 - 11:54pm
Like the money they wanted for a note 7, yeah. More ram, better cpu/gpu and bigger screen for the note 8 please * +

crail 19.10.16 - 11:56pm
Only then will it be worth 700 quid * +

polo_011 20.10.16 - 05:47pm

@ crail - 19.10.16 - 10:39pm
Trick is with tech companies, they can't get ahead of the market. Nokia got this wrong. Quite clearly they could put massive amounts of memory and ram into their phones right now, but they have to leave some leeway for the next model. Don't put all your eggs in one basket type of thing. This is why they didn't make the note 7 so SPECtacular. Glad the note 7 was sacked because it was an s7 with a stylus. Bring on the note 8!

Fair enough. And from what I have read, after 10nm, Moore's Law begins to fall away, as it becomes far more expensive and hard to double power every 18months and make profit.

Nokia did push the envelope VERY far with the N95, E90 and N82, remember how hard it became for them to put out anything better than those devices? And then the iPhone came in and through them off, they totally lost it with N96, N85 and N79, and it was downhill after that. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index