! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Google Play help? - Page 1/10

Subject: Google Play help?
Replies: 68 Views: 7472
> »
obi_jon 3.07.14 - 10:52pm
I keep getting app update notifications but when I enter the play store and attempt to update the apps with available updates it just says 'downloading' and then nothing happens, the scrolling bar thingy keeps scrolling continuously but nothing else. A mate advised that I should uninstall updates for my Google Play Store and Google Play Services apps and then reboot my phone and they should update themselves automatically and solve the issue. So I did that but they haven't updated after several reboots. Now several apps, including youtube, won't work at all.panic.gif I can still enter the play store and attempt to update but still getting the same problem described above. Any help/advice please?thanks.gif * +

obi_jon 3.07.14 - 11:09pm
Eventually it gives up trying to download the updates and says 'Updates could not be downloaded due to an error.(495)'. dontknow.gifhelp2.gif * +

obi_jon 3.07.14 - 11:12pm
I've had no problem updating apps in the past, just in the last few days. * +

3mel 3.07.14 - 11:48pm
you could try clearing the data on the playstore app (from settings).. I've had this in the past myself, but I've no idea how I resolved it... * +

3mel 3.07.14 - 11:57pm
settings/applications to be exact... * +

3mel 4.07.14 - 02:48am
do you use a firewall by any chance ?
most ppl who do run into this problem until they know all the apps they must whitelist.. * +

obi_jon 4.07.14 - 06:04am
Sorry mel, there are two year olds with more tech savvy than I. What is a firewall exactly or a whitelist for that matter? Unless whatever it is came pre-installed on the phone then i'd guess not. * +

3mel 4.07.14 - 06:29am
no you don't have one unless you put it there so we can scrub that idea.. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum