! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Note3,upgrade2KitKat or not?.. - Page 1/2

Subject: Note3,upgrade2KitKat or not?..
Replies: 11 Views: 1645
> »
nokstern 16.04.14 - 10:19pm
Donno what to do,it works great on 4.3,but I'm in position of ota upgrade and now can't sit still..is it worth to upgrade to KitKat,personally I don't like white coloured notification in use icons,also heard that battery may leak fast and that bug with memo card may occur,what are noticeable benefits of upgrade to 4.4?.. * +

nokstern 16.04.14 - 10:27pm
..funk!!..while I was posting this,the phone downloaded 4.4.2 package via wi-fi,though I've disabled auto update,even update via wi-fi only!..wtf,they are forcing me to upgrade?..weeell now I won't,lol.. * +

lakewolf 16.04.14 - 11:09pm
i did mine friday.4.4.2 took nearly 2hrs it came in 9 lots.battery is awesome.i get 2 full days or 3 to 4 days if i switch my data off in idle mode ! * +

nokstern 16.04.14 - 11:49pm
..great for the battery life,tnx for the info lakeW..and what about dealing with the memory card and 3rd part File managers?..do you have any installed?..I was rather often using Astro,an older version,at my Sony Ultra 4.4.2 and can't delete a thing from the card..also,at xda devs,there're some topics about KitKat and memory card bug and fixes,are you using any 3rd part File manager to check this and inform me?..aand I also don't like that camera shortcut at the lock screen,can it be removed? * +

3mel 16.04.14 - 11:55pm
4.4.2 should bring you a new bootloader that means you can never downgrade if it's anything like the s4

there are fixes for the write to memory card issue (at least again for the s4) * +

nokstern 16.04.14 - 11:58pm
..my Ultra is now sleeping in the drawer,lol,I'm angry at Kitkat,waiting for the next Kat or Pie..and btw does any1 think that Android is slowing down a bit?..how long we were waiting for 2 to 3 or to 4 upgrade and how long for 4.4.2?..and where is the next,even rumoured,upgrade?..4.5 oor 5?..Samsung also started tightening the reins,that's pitiable.. * +

nokstern 17.04.14 - 12:05am
..yep,I know for the fw downgrade no-no,*spit*,it was great at S2 and 3,or Note1 and 2,to do whatever you want,root and install a shyte,what is that is Somesong is doing to us nowadays?..selling us some security boolocks,like Nokia was doing with her fake fw upgrades(actually preventing phones to be hacked)..cont * +

nokstern 17.04.14 - 12:15am
..stupid big corporates politics,calculations and blurring our eyes with minor updates..of course they will still sell their goods,but may the history be repeated (like when Symbian was distroyed)?..I see iOS is doing fine for now,I expect iPoo6 may sattisfied my criteria,why I think Android and Samsung started to lag?..fingerprint unlock and fitness appz aren't serious upgrade,Google isn't ready for 64bit cpu,well make it.. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search