! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Qualcomm Announces 64 -Bit Snapdragon 810and 808 S - Page 3/4

Subject: Qualcomm Announces 64 -Bit Snapdragon 810and 808 S
« <> »
an0nymou 13.04.14 - 08:20pm
Well for me iOs doesnt crash the app they run seamlessly on the other hand androids tends to force close apps or wait..dumb really * +

rah1 13.04.14 - 11:53pm

@ banbury - 10.04.14 - 05:06am
rah1 you have hit the nail on the head, not being able to upgrade for 2 years is the problem. I remember back in the early 2000's you could upgrade every 12 months with a high end phone. 2 years is just far too long at the pace tech moves these days, but 12 month contracts are virtually impossible to find these days in the uk.

I used to upgrade every year as well. Then it was 18 months and now 24 months. Phone tech has slowed though. The reviews of the S5 say don't bother getting it if you have an S4 as it's not enough of an upgrade. Same with the iPhones. Upgrading yearly now is only for the hardc*re who insist on the very latest phone just for bragging rights. * +

banbury 18.04.14 - 01:08am
it has slowed in a sense your right, improvements are no longer dramatic improvements and its got to the point where a lot of tech is just good enough. While a new phone may look much faster on paper, in real world its a different story * +

banbury 18.04.14 - 01:21am
its a simular scenario where computer processors are concerned, while on paper haswell may look a lot faster than sandybridge, there isnt a major difference where raw cpu power is concerned. Each gen has just had a slight graphics boost, as did ivybridge over sandybridge. * +

banbury 18.04.14 - 06:18pm

@ an0nymou - 13.04.14 - 08:20pm
Well for me iOs doesnt crash the app they run seamlessly on the other hand androids tends to force close apps or wait..dumb really

its just a statistic at the end of the day. I find android needs a task killer as do other platforms, although why all the app developers just dont simply include an option to exit the app is something I have never understood * +

tdh144 18.04.14 - 07:53pm
The full power of 64bit will take a long long long long time to be really meaning something .... its reasonable for a laptop but for a small handheld device?? what apps will use that power?? you planning to play Ps4 games on it?? lol no.... so you will have the power but wont be able to use it.... * +

tdh144 18.04.14 - 07:54pm
its like having a 6 liter supercharged v8 but with a top speed of 120km/h.... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index