! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Ok Google - Page 1/3

Subject: Ok Google
Replies: 21 Views: 6667
> »
garion 8.02.14 - 05:20pm
Just a heads up that the latest iteration of Google search incorporates the 'Ok Google' hotwords (similar to the 'ok glass' command for Google Glass). Whilst the search app is open you can say 'Ok Google' at any time (without hitting the mic button) and do all the usual like open contacts, send a text, navigate, or open apps like the camera ('Ok Google, open camera').
If you ask it to do a sum, for example: 'Ok Google, what's 300 x 96?' It'll not only give you the answer, but also call up an onscreen usable calc too (see below)
* +

3mel 8.02.14 - 07:43pm
thanks fella good.gif * +

garion 8.02.14 - 08:35pm
* +

leon29 9.02.14 - 10:24am
It done that before just you dont have to tap the mic now, if you have the volume up it will talk to ya as well, ask what a roast dinner is or do i need a umbrella today * +

banbury 14.02.14 - 03:53am
in the uk you need an umbrella every day, you dont need google to tell you that! * +

garion 13.01.15 - 12:06pm
The latest version now allows you to say 'Ok Google' from any screen (a feature I believe was only available on Nexus devices previously) although this has to be turned on from the Google settings menu. Obviously it's much quicker being able to do this, but one would assume that there would be a commensurately higher battery drain, I'll see how it goes.
Some fun stuff:
Try saying: 'Barrel Roll', 'Tilt' (or 'Askew') and 'Beam Me Up Scotty!' * +

crail 13.01.15 - 02:58pm
do a barrel roll daydream.gif starfox aka lylat wars * +

garion 13.01.15 - 05:59pm
The 'barrel roll' command only worked once for me (the entire screen rotated 360 degrees) but the weird 'tilt' effect works every time..

Here's a list of other stuff you can try (neither dice roll or coin flip have worked for me, but the others are quite funny)
Flip a coin
Roll dice (rolls a single six-sided die)
What is the loneliest number?
Do a barrel roll!
Askew / Tilt
Go go Gadget (Spotify)
When am I?
Make me a sandwich
Sudo make me a sandwich
Whos on first?
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right
Tell me a joke
Who are you?
Beam me up, Scotty! * +