! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Ok Google - Page 3/3

Subject: Ok Google
« <
garion 19.01.15 - 09:45pm
Later guys..
I'm gonna keep my account open in case someone hijacks my nick and uses it for inappropriate purposes. If anyone needs me I'll still be @GarionTweets on Twitter. goodbye.gif * +

3mel 19.01.15 - 11:06pm
no dude, not acceptable noo.gif * +

garion 6.05.15 - 12:09pm
As you're probably aware (and you may have stumbled across it the same way I did), whilst Google is listening you'll occasionally get a blue musical note icon appear, this means it's recognised music in the background - if you hit the icon it'll identify the track in the same way as SoundHound or Shazam, but because it's been 'pre-listening' it's very quick: on average - about 6 seconds as opposed to SoundHound's 12-15 seconds (don't have Shazam to test it against).
Now obviously you haven't got the bells and whistles of the dedicated music recognition apps (lyrics/previews and so forth), but it's a useful feature if you happen to have the app open.

* +

leon29 6.05.15 - 07:55pm

@ garion - 6.05.15 - 12:09pm
As you're probably aware (and you may have stumbled across it the same way I did), whilst Google is listening you'll occasionally get a blue musical note icon appear, this means it's recognised music in the background - if you hit the icon it'll identify the track in the same way as SoundHound or Shazam, but because it's been 'pre-listening' it's very quick: on average - about 6 seconds as opposed to SoundHound's 12-15 seconds (don't have Shazam to test it against).
Now obviously you haven't got the bells and whistles of the dedicated music recognition apps (lyrics/previews and so forth), but it's a useful feature if you happen to have the app open.

It only recognises songs that are available to buy in the play store though, it also has its own widget as well * +

garion 6.05.15 - 09:06pm

@ leon29 - 6.05.15 - 07:55pm
It only recognises songs that are available to buy in the play store though, it also has its own widget as well

Good call shake.gif I hadn't realised that as it had recognised some pretty esoteric stuff like Plaid and Squarepusher, but I've just tried it with well out there material like Mescalinum United and Nobukazu Takemura and it comes up with 'no close match found' so not as useful as I'd thought. poor.gif * +

stefdag 18.05.15 - 07:21am
Any news about changing the ok google phrase? :-)
is it possible only with root? Is it at all possible? * +

garion 18.05.15 - 12:43pm
There's a horribly convoluted method involving the installation of AutoVoice and Tasker (full details [link]here:http://goo.gl/uEr3ZD[/link]) but I haven't heard anything from Google themselves about changing the command.
I'm quite comfortable with the 'ok Google' command (although I guess I'd prefer to just say 'Google') and use it to open all my apps and make voice notes. Apparently on some devices you have to say 'ok Google Now' which'd be more of a pain. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index