! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Are you waiting on Google Glass? - Page 1/3

Subject: Are you waiting on Google Glass?
Replies: 15 Views: 3210
> »
mok214 29.01.14 - 10:31pm
waiting.gifBe prepared to wait a little longer.

Lenovo Group Ltd is poised to purchase Google's (NASDAQ:GOOG) Motorola Mobility business, an acquisition that would expand the Chinese company's footprint in the lucrative tablet and smartphone markets, according to reports.

The purchase, said to be worth at least 3 billion, will include more than 10,000 mobile communications patents currently held by Google, according to a report in the China Daily, which cited a person familiar with the matter.

Web site TechCruch said it had confirmed reports of the acquisition.

Lenovo, the world's largest manufacturer of PCs, is expected to announce the deal on Thursday morning in Beijing.

Lenovo declined to comment on specifics, telling the Chinese newspaper Thursday's announcement is related to a major acquisition.

A Google spokesman didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Lenovo hopes the acquisition will help it keep up in the global gadgets arms race with competitors Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Samsung Electronics.

Motorola Mobility, which Google acquired in 2011 for about 12.5 billion, reported a 248 million operating loss in the third quarter of 2013, according to Google's financial report.

This is happening just after a few years after Google bought Motorola Mobility. * +

polo_011 30.01.14 - 10:09am
wtf does it have to do with Google Glass then? * +

yustim 30.01.14 - 02:22pm
i tired ooo. * +

mok214 30.01.14 - 04:34pm
Google Glass is being developed at Google/Motorola Mobility. * +

3mel 30.01.14 - 05:20pm
I'm devastated crying3.gif this is a major blow to my lifestyle plans dislike.gif * +

polo_011 30.01.14 - 07:35pm

@ mok214 - 30.01.14 - 04:34pm
Google Glass is being developed at Google/Motorola Mobility.

Google Glass is GOOGLE'S OWN project, they've been working on it since before they bought Motorola, they introduced it shortly after the Moto purchase was finalised. Them selling Motorola doesn't affect the Google Glass Project, same with Project Ara, they are keeping it. * +

mok214 31.01.14 - 12:27am
But that is why they bought Motorola Mobility. And guess what? All the latest patents for Google Glass belong to Google Mobility. Lmao.gif * +

polo_011 31.01.14 - 08:23am
facepalm.gif FFS you must be a troll, anyone and everyone except you knows they got Motorola for their patents and in the sale of Moto, Google are keeping all the important patents. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search