! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

best os ever to be released - Page 4/9

Subject: best os ever to be released
« <> »
gtr1 25.07.17 - 05:43am
@3mel the k750i did so much so well and so smoothly it makes you wonder if there ever was a need for Symbian at the time. My k750i was flashed with w800i software so I also had the music feature. The phones only let downs were its joystick and charging port. * +

3mel 25.07.17 - 01:39pm
I had the k800i firmware too, I was a little upset that it took away one feature that I can't even remember to add the music player functionality. I wanna say a to do list, or calendar access, something that was easier using a shortcut.

as much as I loved it though, no my n73 had an even better camera, amazing speakers, multitasking and 3 software languages to work with plus the ''massive'' 320x240 screen... * +

crail 25.07.17 - 04:26pm
Agree that s60s were in another league * +

gtr1 25.07.17 - 08:53pm
@3mel I also had elf packs installed on the k750i. It gave the phone much more functionality than s60. Elfs were tiny appz you could add to the phone including multitasking. And myphoneexplorer made the phone an extension of you pc. S60 had nothing like that at the time. Even now I still use the app for my Android. * +

3mel 26.07.17 - 11:59pm
I think your knowledge of Symbian migh not be as extensive as you think, no offence intended.
you could run web servers, boot dosbox, emulate gameboy colour games, some early PC games, create animations and gifs, convert music files, play full-sized video files and dozens upon dozens of other things I can barely begin to recall.

Symbians were genuine smart phones before most people had even heard of the term. you were in deep on Sony feature handsets that's clear, if you were equally in deep on s60 you'd know it didn't compare. * +

crail 27.07.17 - 03:28am
He won't accept that Mel lol. I've been through all this year's ago. He has no clue about s60 * +

gtr1 27.07.17 - 06:05am
I cant believe am back here 10yrs later and still arguing Nokia vs Sony. Lol anyway I am aware of all of s60s 'features'. Almost all Wat u mention were half baked or complete gimmicks. I mean do u know anyone that seriously runs a web server off a phone???? If you looked at the s60 forum then with all the issues Symbian had you wud see that on a day to day level almost everyone was better off with a simple Java phone. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index