! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Trusted certificates - Page 1/2

Subject: Trusted certificates
Replies: 13 Views: 1747
> »
johnwale 18.02.09 - 08:04pm
Pls guys whats is the functions of trusted certificates. And if i delete it, what will happen to my wap browsing. * +

mgmt 18.02.09 - 08:34pm
Computers and WAP phones are delivered with root certificates. These certificates are used to verify that certificates received via Internet (used for encrypted communication) for HTTPS and also e-mail (signed to verify sender) are true. There's a cryptographic chain from the root certificates (via any intermediary certificates) to the certificate that verifies the connection (or e-mail). * +

mgmt 18.02.09 - 08:40pm
As long as there is no encrypted traffic or encrypted data the certificates are not used. Deleting them can affect access to some WAP service but that depends on the phone company because WAP gateways may not even offer secure communication to/from the gateway. * +

mgmt 18.02.09 - 08:55pm
To avoid confusion. A HTTPS connection on a computer can be made without using any certificate but then the computer can not check that the URL of a website corresponds to a certificate. Depending on browser and settings one may get a warning, or get blocked (even completelly blocked) from access. * +

johnwale 18.02.09 - 09:06pm
Thanks man.... * +

johnwale 6.06.09 - 05:30pm
Any other contributors? * +

elley1 6.06.09 - 10:13pm
If ur mobile does not have certain certificates and some websites require them to work on your mobile what shoul d you do then? Download them? From which site? * +

xtwizard 7.06.09 - 01:53am
Yes, where can we download certs? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum