! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

dowload - Page 1/3

Subject: dowload
Replies: 16 Views: 1452
> »
clapton6 15.02.09 - 06:14am
ihello,i have problem dowload.it reply,we can not surport dis file.who can tell me,WHY???????????????????? * +

garion 15.02.09 - 08:38am
It usually means that there's no default application on your phone which will open a file with the extension you're trying to download - for instance an mp4 video if your phone only plays 3gp vids by default. Even if you have a third-party app installed which WILL run the format, you'll still get the message from your default browser, If you can run either Opera Mini or the full Opera Mobile * +

garion 15.02.09 - 08:41am
browser on your phone, try downloading the file with either, as they may well give you the same warning, but generally WILL allow you to download the file to your device. * +

madmack0 15.02.09 - 12:53pm
Opera wil download it, but if fone doesn't support that file ie mpeg it stil wont play * +

meeky 15.02.09 - 01:17pm
Pls wat cud be d problem wit my n72 sumtme wen i want 2 dwlod it say invalid application or it stp halfway during dowlding. * +

garion 15.02.09 - 01:44pm
Agreed @madmack0, but my point being that if you have a third-party video player on your phone, the DEFAULT browser still won't recognise the download as a valid file if an application to play it is not written to the phones ROM (in most cases) whereas with Opera you can download it anyway then open it with the appropriate app. * +

madmack0 15.02.09 - 02:06pm
Ah rite, so tho i can download with opera, i need software 2 play it? * +

garion 15.02.09 - 03:08pm
Yeah - to make it clearer with an example: a Nokia N70 won't play .avi files out of the box, however you can download Smartmovie which will play them. Since the player is not a default app the default browser won't recognize the filetype and the download will be aborted. Opera will also advise that no app exists to play the file, but you can ask it to download anyway. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search