! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Images via o2 3g - Page 1/2

Subject: Images via o2 3g
Replies: 9 Views: 457
> »
adiy2k 5.01.09 - 01:16pm
Hi when i connect to internet via my phone the images on sites like facebook are dead patchy and unclear. Any idea as to what the problem could be? I have an n96, thanks * +

garion 5.01.09 - 04:55pm
Yeah, most of the service providers now compress images via their 'Internet' connections. Although it's irritating and unpleasant they basically do it to increase page load speeds so you get a faster browsing experience. It can sometimes be remedied by using your providers 'wap/GPRS' access point instead. * +

adiy2k 5.01.09 - 06:18pm
Well my gfs on o2 also and if she puts sim in my phone pics are clear lol, i dont know! Its a pain, what would be the correct access point to use for o2 contract? * +

garion 5.01.09 - 07:59pm
I'm not sure I'm afraid as I had the proxy deleted from my O2 settings (which is another way around it) I'd imagine your gf has an older sim - as I said, try using 'wap' settings (you may be able to copy the access point from your gfs sim perhaps?) * +

adiy2k 5.01.09 - 09:00pm
I'll check that out later garion, thanks bro * +

garion 5.01.09 - 09:22pm
good2 * +

adiy2k 6.01.09 - 07:43am
Thanks for the help bro but still no joy cry * +

garion 6.01.09 - 08:20am
d*mn. What phone do you have? If possible, it might be worth deleting the proxy serves from your connection settings, but not all phones have the option to do so. Have a look at your web access settings and often in 'advanced' there'll be a 'proxy serves address', which'll be 4 sets of 3 numbers - make a note of it first, delete it, then have a look to see if your images are displaying properly. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search