! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Virgin Mobile SA - Page 1/5

Subject: Virgin Mobile SA
Replies: 33 Views: 3910
> »
phly_kid 30.12.08 - 05:00pm
Hey all, was just wondering if you guys can give me info on virgin mobile.. i want to port to virgin from mtn but is it a wise decision.. i'm willing to lose out on edge for sake of cheap gprs. anything about the network that i should be aware about. Is the gprs network stable? how are the data and other rates. Is it worth it leaving mtn for virgin and how is the overall general service from it? * +

mpya 30.12.08 - 05:10pm
Dude get another spare sim.easy cos they got they issues.if you don't get yo airtime in regularly you could lose yo number or perhaps airtime.but then gprs is good and then some dudes got xmas present airtyme cos they regularly fill up. * +

two7four 30.12.08 - 05:11pm
vmobile does hve edge. They dnt hve 3g or hsdpa * +

phly_kid 30.12.08 - 05:40pm
when i called i was told they dont have edge.. its the conflicting info that has me confused... by the way i have a virgin sim that is just there but i primarily use mtn and for some reason they seem pricy overnight. i jst want a reliable network with a stable gprs network coz thats what i waste all my units on. Heard about the xmas present that virgin users got. twas awesome, more than R100 units * +

clio1 30.12.08 - 08:15pm
I dnt knw wat u mean guz coz the nly thing i knw cellc got adge,and they share 50/50 with vmobile so it does have adge * +

two7four 31.12.08 - 06:16am
they do hve edge. I knw. Because with my vmobile sim i pick up edge. I get about 17kbs * +

phly_kid 31.12.08 - 07:49am
i have never picked up edge on either virgin or cell c... maybe since they both get their data support from vodacom... they get edge coverage where voda has edge coverage. and even voda doesnt have edge coverage in my place. only mtn has. * +

cavedog 31.12.08 - 11:21am
Uhm NO! Cellc has edge on its own network! I get full and fast edge with virgin mobile on cellc towers. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search