! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

o2 2g to o2 3g. - Page 1/2

Subject: o2 2g to o2 3g.
Replies: 13 Views: 1112
> »
aznclazz 1.04.08 - 05:51pm
my o2 sim payngo at the mo is 2g. i rang up o2 to fix a minor problem i had... to just get a bolt on active. anyway before i got off i asked if i could upgrade my o2 payngo sim to a 3g one. what are the exact improvements for me? i have 3g enabled phones. i also believe u can store more contacts on a o2 3g sim rather than a o2 2g sim? would wapping be better? i know about vid calling. * +

aznclazz 1.04.08 - 05:53pm
btw im getting my o2 3g sim in several days free of charge. my 2g one will deactivate once i get my new 3g one n dial a num from it or top it up. * +

garion 1.04.08 - 05:58pm
I'm not sure about the extra contacts, as I tend to store my contacts on phone rather than sim. You'll hardly notice any difference at all when browsing a wapsite like this, but web browsing is much faster and download speeds are vastly improved - it takes about 30 seconds per mb for me (on Orange). * +

dani2xll 1.04.08 - 06:25pm
Dont think you will notice any difference until you actually use a 3g phone apart from the extra storage facility. Then when you do use 3g you will get the faster facility over accessing, downloading, video calls, streaming, and the better 3g call facility that exists in some places. * +

aznclazz 2.04.08 - 12:48am
cheers for the info. i think or hope other o2 payngo users may find this helpful... after all... the o2 operator didnt seem to know what 2g was lol. * +

pakrule 2.04.08 - 01:49pm
can you actully ring them and ask them to enable 3g on your 2g sim, or you have to buy new 3g sim card? * +

ragnorak 2.04.08 - 02:16pm
You need a 3g sim, but you can get a replacement one free for your existing number or just order a new free sim from O2 when there's an offer. Another benefit I've found is that a 3g sim can store many more texts, which is useful for transferring them from my Sony to my Nokia. * +

pakrule 2.04.08 - 03:29pm
thanks * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum