! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Broadband HSDPA (UK) - Page 1/2

Subject: Broadband HSDPA (UK)
Replies: 10 Views: 744
> »
genguy26 7.10.07 - 11:13am
I have seen a shop on ebay called gosims selling pay and go data enabled HSDPA sim cards for the faster 3.5g internet with compatible phones. I'm told from t-mobile that HSDPA is for contract users only, so do you reckon this gosims shop is lying? They are selling them for 4.59. He has 100 percent positve reviews and seems to sell a load, so does anyone know if t-mobile might have hsdpa * +

genguy26 7.10.07 - 11:14am
on pay as you go and are not saying anything? Orange are doing HSDPA on pay as you go now but the disconnecting issue is bad. * +

dani2xll 7.10.07 - 11:53am
I bought 3 payg usm and it uses 3.5g. * +

genguy26 7.10.07 - 12:29pm
I would consider 3 but if you go over your 2 gig limit with that 5 quid a month thing can you Buy another? I use my phone as a modem. * +

paulx75x 7.10.07 - 01:20pm
I've got a N95 with a Orange 3G Pay As You Go sim in it,so does that mean when I get in 3.5G coverage my N95 should automatically switch over to it,or do I need another special sim for 3.5G? And also,do I need to change anything in my settings on my phone? My network settings are on Dual Mode at the moment.Thanks for any info guys. * +

j.a.m.o 7.10.07 - 01:33pm
Ive seen them on ebay duno maby t-mobile are liein * +

dani2xll 7.10.07 - 02:05pm
@paul it automatically uses 3.5g if its available. I only use my 3 payg sim for outdoor internet access as i use my bb for downloads so 2gig limit is not a problem for me. Also i am with vodafone and am not prepared to pay a pound a day on payg when o2 and 3 are doing decent under 8 pounds payg internet packages. * +

genguy26 7.10.07 - 02:28pm
the H symbol only shows when you are downloading. When your not doing anything it just says 3G. You might be in an area that doesn't have HSDPA yet. I hear orange are doing upgrades throughout november. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search