! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

sayni.net security? - Page 1/3

Subject: sayni.net security?
Replies: 20 Views: 1616
> »
rikster9 24.04.07 - 12:37am
I use gmobile.sayni.net to access my gmail account but I wonder about the password security. Why are there 2 options for putting in your password, the first one not being hidden. Who would not want to hide their password? The pin sign in accepts only numbers but you can key in letters numbers making it laborious to use. Could this be deliberate? Anyone else got any views or am I just paranoid? * +

flash 24.04.07 - 01:26pm
I am the main user and beta tester of sayni.net one option is to display the password to you and you only and the other option is to hide password in case display good2 * +

rikster9 24.04.07 - 07:06pm
I still don't see why a choice is offered, not seen it anywhere else. * +

0phil0 24.04.07 - 07:15pm
The site is ok. I have used it for years with no problems. * +

sayni 17.07.07 - 07:25pm
The hidden password is only for display. Mobile screens are tiny so it's hard for someone to look over your shoulder and entering complicated passwords is hard on a mobile. So you get the choice to SEE the password as you enter or NOT. It doesn't change anything else, or doesn't change the security of the service. Email me if you are still concerned. * +

sayni 17.07.07 - 07:28pm
As for the PIN: it is meant to be easier to signin without compromising security. The page specifies that only numbers are allowed, but all phones do not listen and let you enter anything. Unfortunately, not much can be done to force a phone to listen to directions if it doesn't want to! (cases like this are considered bugs in the phone's browser) * +

atlantec 17.07.07 - 10:13pm
I used to use the service but now i'm using my own private upload servicelover * +

neostar 18.07.07 - 01:22am
Ok sayni, can u tell me how do i login to gmail-mobile? As i heard, i need invitation? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search