! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

o2 Msg Spamming - Page 1/2

Subject: o2 Msg Spamming
Replies: 8 Views: 1036
> »
reas0n 4.01.07 - 10:49pm
Every 5 minutes of me using wap, whether it be the phone browser or Opera Mini. I get a long constant spam of messages from o2 (number shows as 'WAP') telling me I need 60p to access wap services. hot.gif but wtf! I have 20 credit and 1mb free wap. Any way I can stop this? or block the msg sender?... Help appreciated. * +

garion 4.01.07 - 11:04pm
Those are standard o2 notifications that usually pop up when you're trying to browse with no credit, but if you've got 20 quid and a free meg, it sounds like a network fault. If it continues you may have to contact their VERY HELPFUL customer services scared. If you've only recently topped up the 20, try clearing your browser cache and restarting your phone. * +

reas0n 4.01.07 - 11:08pm
Thanks. Ok i'll give it a go. But I have been getting them for a while. * +

garion 4.01.07 - 11:36pm
I'd occasionally get those messages if I had less than a pound but more than 60p which was irritating, so obviously there are network issues there, but never had it whilst fully topped up.. it does look like a call to customer 'services' may be necessary.. you have my advance sympathies.. * +

txtmate 5.01.07 - 07:00pm
I've been getting that message as well * +

barbiiex 5.01.07 - 09:32pm
It dont matter how much credit u have! U cud have 50quid on ya phone n ud still get the message.. Its coz ur usin up ur 1mb of free wap, once that mb has gone i guarantee u dont get that message again.. Not as often as ya do anyway! * +

reas0n 5.01.07 - 10:54pm
Lol you'd think that... but its using my credit now and i'm still getting 99 messages every 5 to 10 minutes. I called them and they said its my phone. i'm going to change sim when my credit runs out. * +

kiteless 5.01.07 - 11:52pm
It's not your phone, it's o2's incompetence. It's not rocket science to set up the messages so they don't appear when you have over 60p credit or are using a free allowance/bolt on. I know someone who gets them all the time and he goes to o2's home page daily and uses the 'suggest a site' box to tell them how useless they are. He says he'll send the same message everyday until it's sorted lol * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search