! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Need help USA guys - Page 1/2

Subject: Need help USA guys
Replies: 11 Views: 627
> »
abu147 22.11.05 - 08:41am
Hi. Im comin to usa n wud appreciate any help. I need to know wuts da best pre paid sim to get, how easy is it to get n wuts da cheapest for gprs. Also, how wud i get da settings once i've started my sim. Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers. * +

d00d 22.11.05 - 09:35am
In the usa we are not really using sim cards at all. Most phones here don't have a sim slot. Sim cards are used on GSM networks. In the us we use a network called CDMA. There are prepaid phones here though. I don't know how much they are sold for. Anyway, you will have to see a phone dealer when you arrive. Save bringing your nokia phone to the usa. There are no nokia phones here in the usa... * +

boodles 22.11.05 - 09:38am
whats difference between gsm and cdma * +

d00d 22.11.05 - 09:45am
It's a different network system. Just a different creature. Sort of like http and ftp, for example, they are not the same protocol. * +

abu147 22.11.05 - 09:47am
cr*p. So i cant use my nokia phone over there? d*mn! * +

s4nc3z 22.11.05 - 09:47am
dood how can u say theres no nokias in the usa plz explain. * +

djd_18 22.11.05 - 10:03am
Nokias are all over the world, hes jst saying they also or mostly use cdma or sumtin.Blah blah. * +

d00d 22.11.05 - 10:14am
You guys are kind of confusing... CDMA is a network protocol not a phone manufacturer. I said gsm phones won't work here. That's all. There are some tri-band phones which can be used. Also, i think that t-mobile does make use of cards but i'm not sure if they are standard sim cards or not. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Mobile Web Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search