! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Desktop PC - Page 16/18

Subject: Desktop PC
« <> »
norega 4.01.23 - 05:46pm

@ alvar89 - 4.01.23 - 05:16pm
the extra e cores are kind of useless on the 13700k. i was getting a 250w draw with all core 5.4ghz and 1.3v. The e cores must be the reason its pulling more wattage than your 12700k. At 4.9ghz it does only pull 170w. The reason my current sh*t cooling is doing well.

Disabling the e cores brings down power draw massively but Im not bothered as the system will be used for gaming only and nothing I play at present will push it that hard . Cancelled the 13700k and ordered my Mac studio this morning after seeing the ridiculous price of 4070 . Probably be my last ever build as Im not prepared to py these silly prices anymore ,Ill just stick with this build as king as possible and stick to console gaming in the future its just got totally out of hand * +

alvar89 4.01.23 - 05:54pm
Was keen on paying around 700eur for a 3080 2 years ago. After all the bs i ended up getting a used 3080 for 600 2 years later. It was bought for mining but never did any because of a failed solar project. I will not overpay gpus that is my limit. Next one will be used also. Even my previous 1080ti was used. This is the only way to get a good gpu for a decent price. * +

alvar89 4.01.23 - 05:55pm
Tried the e cores off option but it sucks. The system takes alot less power and idle temps are down with them enabled. They do help with windows crap on the background while gaming too. * +

alvar89 4.01.23 - 05:56pm
My whole pc upgrade including the 3080 cost me as much as a rtx 4090 is going for. That is absurd. * +

sisfreak2017 5.01.23 - 05:09am
What are all these big specs required for. Is it for running gaming or video editing etc.

I think the most I've ever noticed the system using was about 10/11 GB
I wasn't doing any special. Perhaps using some office apps and it was updating.

I don't do gaming !
I'd rather sh*g my wife than Buck Rogers.
* +

alvar89 5.01.23 - 09:39am

@ sisfreak2017 - 5.01.23 - 05:09am
What are all these big specs required for. Is it for running gaming or video editing etc.

I don't do gaming !

Mostly gaming. Like to tinker with clocks also thats why i get a overclockable setup usually. They last longer too in terms of performance. I remember when i bought my first i7 and ppl were saying all you need is a i5. In the later years i could still run certain games smoother thanks to the hyperthreading it had over an i5.

You can do both sh*g and game tho lol.gif Its not like one cancels out the other. * +

norega 5.01.23 - 12:44pm

@ sisfreak2017 - 5.01.23 - 05:09am

I don't do gaming !

For me gaming ,video / photo editing and 3d modelling the later which is extremely demanding on any system and the reason I was going to upgrade . But rather than spend 2k on a graphics card I have bought a Mac studio which is insanely fast and uses a fraction of the power and has a better resale value in the future . * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-18
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index